t h i r t e e n

"Bought you coffee."

"Thanks, princess." Aphrodite said, taking it from Tony's hand and winking at him.

"Hilarious, really." He fake smiled and sat down at a chair whilst she stood by the metal table that was covered by a dismembered suit.

"So what's up?"

"I've been thinking.. and.."

"And?"

"And I've spoken with Fury.."

Her face slightly dropped, realising that this wasn't the talk she'd been hoping to have.

"And you'll be my partner for missions from now on."

"What about Yelena?" She asked, wondering about her current mission partner.

"Yelena isn't allowed on missions for the next month because of the earpiece incident."

He was referring to the fact that she connected her earpiece - that was supposed to be used for coms - to her Spotify and got distracted listening to Taylor swift, ending up with peter getting shot at.

"Well I look forward to my next mission."

"Good, because Fury just called, we're leaving in 10."

"Seriously dude!"

pow pow ... pow pow pow

"You know, you don't have to saw "pow" every time you shoot."

"Yes I do." Aphrodite replied over coms. "POW!" She jumped out from behind a wall and pointed her gun at Tony.

He jumped back a bit and put his hand up, ready to blast her.

"Jesus Christ!"

"No, but people do say there's a resemblance."

She ran past him at super speed and nocked over the soldiers rushing towards them, and was back in front of him before he had even realised that she left.

"Did you at least get it?"

"You underestimate me, Stark." She chuckled and pulled the gun out of her belt from behind her back. "What's so special about it anyway?"

"It can be used to take over people's minds. We dont want it getting in the wrong hands."

"Wasn't it already in the wrong hands?" She asked, following him back the way they came in.

"Well, the people who made this - these people - were planning to sell it.. and we couldn't risk someone like HYDRA being the one to buy it."

"So why didn't we just buy it?"

"That's not how these things go-"

"It wasn't in the wrong hands, we could have bought it and stopped it from getting in the wrong hands-" she cut herself off and teleported back to the tower, leaving Tony to sit through the 6 hours on the quinjet on his own.

Ok so I lied there's no smut this chapter but it is next chapter i just cba to write rn but I felt bad for not updating