n i n e

The next morning, Aphrodite woke up slightly later than Tony, who was in the shower and had left a cup of tea already made tea out for her, knowing that she doesn't drink coffee.

She drank it whilst on the phone to her mother, who had been at her throat for months to come visit.

" you're already in England, Wouldn't it be such a great surprise for your sister if you picked her up from school? She misses you so much darling."

She heard the shower turn off and some shuffling behind the door before Tony stepped out. His hair was dripping and he had only a towel on, still wet from the shower.

Aphrodite, with her back turned didn't notice him and spoke ithout turning.

"Hmm, yeah, but.. I don't know.. alright, love you.. bye."

"Who was that?" He asked to her from a few feet away as he grabbed some clothes from the wardrobe.

"My mum, oh, Tony." She turned around to face him and caught herself staring for a moment before she averted her eyes to the floor. "Uhm, She wants me to go over to hers for dinner and to stay the night.. she said that you can come along if you'd like?"

He stood behind her his breath on the back of her neck as he outstretched his arm, picking up his keys from the table.

"I'd love that.. hey, you don't mind getting my jacket from the car do you? I can't really go out like this, so.." she hummed and nodded her head, grabbing the keys and turning around, sucking in a breath when she noticed how close they were.

Tony made no effort to increase the distance between them, and neither did Aphrodite. She glanced up at him, only slightly tilting her head, and looked down at his lips for a moment before looking back into his eyes.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?" He muttered in a low voice, inching closer.

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm. Stunning."

"Tony-"

"I love it when you say my name."

"I think-"

A phone ringing made Aphrodite step backwards, only to bump into the table b hind her.

Tony grabbed his clothes from his bed and went into the bathroom to change while Aphrodite picked up the call.

"Peter, I swear to god-"

"What?"

She stepped out of the hotel room and made her way to the car park.

"... you woke me up." She refrained from telling him the truth because although she loved peter like a brother, he could not keep a secret.

"Sorry.. hows England? Got any plans?"

"It's amazing, I love it. Next time I'm bringing you." She clicked the button on the key to unlock Tony's car and opened the boot. "I'm having dinner at my mums and staying the night. Tony's coming too."

They spoke for a while before peter had to go and she grabbed the jacket from under a pile of junk and locked the car, making her way back to the hotel room.

Just as she walked through the door, Tony was leaving the bathroom and she walked straight into him as he caught her just before she could fall.

"Jacket and keys." She said, handing them over while Tony released his grip on her waist.