p r o l o g u e

A P H R O D I T E B L A C K

Aphrodite joined the avengers in 2019, just after they defeated thanos in wakanda. She was 18 when she joined and moved from her home in London to the avengers compound in New York, she is 19 now. The avengers tower still belonged to tony, only now it was back to being a stark industries tower, and not the place the avengers lived.

She can turn invisible, teleport, and has super speed.

As soon as she moved in, she befriended Wanda, and later on Peter and Pietro. She immediately clicked with Wanda seeing as they had a lot in common;they both had moved from their home country to join the avengers and they both happened to have the same taste in music, books, and movies.

Eventually her and Pietro became friends. It started with training together, then racing in super speed, then fighting over the last slice of pizza. The team found their childish rivalry amusing. They were always competing, no matter what.

Peter was the closest to Aphrodite in age, and often came to her with help on his schoolwork - well, English mostly. She helped him revise for exams and became his personal tutor; they'd meet up every Wednesday somewhere in the tower and she'd help him revise. Eventually, they stopped studying school and started studying "how many monster cans would it take to either die or become god".

Aphrodite also spent a lot of time with Steve, Bucky, Loki, and Thor, teaching them about the modern world. She introduced Loki to the wonders of shampoo and helped Thor fix his eyebrows. She taught Bucky and Steve about slang people her age use in England and found it hilarious when Steve went through a week long phase of calling everyone "fam" or "my g".

Natasha was also a good friend to Aphrodite. They trained in hand to hand combat together and Natasha eventually trusted her enough to introduce Aphrodite to her family - Melina, Yelena, and Alexi. This was the same with Clint; she had spent many weekends babysitting Nathaniel and hanging out with Lila and cooper.

Sam didn't like the fact that someone half his size could outrun him but he got on with her nonetheless. Bruce was a sweetheart (obviously) and enjoyed her company when he was working on something in the lab.

The only person who didn't like her was Tony Stark.

Aphrodite didn't know why. She didn't care to know.

She decided that if he can just decide that he hates her before even bothering to get to know her a little bit then he doesn't deserve to see her be hurt by it.

She couldn't understand why he didn't like her. She had never done anything wrong.

Like how in the mornings when she'd walk into the kitchen/living room in one of her skimpy silk slip nightdresses he'd take one look at her and just walk out.

Or she'd come down to the lab to talk to bruce, whilst wearing a low cut shirt or a short skirt and he'd get in a car and drive off to stark industries, not returning until late.

Or even it would be a hot day and the avengers would spend it in the outdoor pool and she'd walk out in a bikini and he'd get out the pool and go stand at the bar until she left.

But was that really because he hated her? Or was it quite the opposite and he felt guilty for being attracted to a woman so young when he, himself, was in his 40s?

————-
A/N
I hope you enjoy the story and if you're looking for other marvel fanfics
' wild child | avengers soulmate AU ' is on my page and completed
<3