This time

Content warnings:  Anxiety attacks, Talks about Charlie's mental health (ED, SH, OCD)

If there are other content warnings I should add let me know!

This story takes place a few years after Nick graduated from university. He and Charlie broke up before he went to university (after that big argument in the book).

Nicks POV

It was 4 P.M. I was taking a nap on the couch when I heard the front door of our apartment close. I knew my girlfriend was home by the sound of her footsteps. I sat up and waited for her to come to the living room. It took her a while. I guess she didn't put on the easiest shoes. When she finally came in she immediately noticed me sitting on the couch and came over to sit next to me. "Hi," she said with a smile. "Hey! Where did you go?" I said smiling back. "I went to the grocery store. I was craving chocolate for some reason." She said. 

I chuckled and put my hand up like I was begging her for money. "Can I get a piece?". She giggled. "Sure!" she said as she walked to the hallway to her bag. I took my phone out of my pocket. I had a message from my mom asking me when I was planning to come over. I text her back saying I will be there tomorrow. 

It's been four years since I graduated from university. That is where I met my girlfriend Robin. We started as good friends, but we slowly fell for each other the more time we spent together. I never thought I would feel that kind of love again. Not after Charlie. It's been five years since I last saw Charlie. Although I try not to think about that.

Robin came back to the couch with her bag. She pulled the chocolate bar out of it and broke a piece from the bar. "Here you go!" she said with a grin. "Thank you," I said and started to eat the piece of chocolate. Milk chocolate, my favorite. 

"My mom sent me a message a few minutes ago," I said, still eating the chocolate. "She asked when we were coming over."
"What did you say?" asked Robin.
"I told her we would come over tomorrow. If that is alright with you?"
"Yeah of course. I mean it's weekend, so I don't have to work. Will you be okay though? I know you've been having a rough morning" Robin asked. "Can I tell you something?" Robin nodded. "I'm actually feeling fine. I just didn't feel like working." I said, feeling a bit embarrassed. Robin giggled. "Oh, you bad boy." I laughed. 

-6 hours later-

Robin and I were laying in bed. We were watching Sherlock on our TV (which is kind of our nightly routine when we go the bed). While I was still watching the show, I saw that Robin had already fallen asleep in my arms. I smiled and stroked her hair. She looks so peaceful when she is asleep. Just like.. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts. No, I can't think about that. I tried to pay attention to the show again, but it didn't work. So I turned the TV off and went to sleep. 

-The next morning-

The bed felt empty when I woke up. I tried to feel for Robin, who usually sleeps next to me, but she wasn't there. I immediately snapped awake and started to panic. Where was she? I stormed out of the bedroom and ran to the living room. That's when I saw her on the couch in her pajamas watching TV. She instantly jumped up when she saw me. "Are you okay? What happened?" She asked me worried. 

My breathing was out of control and I felt like I was going to faint. Robin lead me to the couch and sat me down. "Calm down babe. Tell me what's wrong." My heart was in my throat. "I... I don't..." I said. "It's okay. I'm here. Breathe with me okay?" Robin started to breathe in and out very slowly. I followed her breaths until I calmed down. Then, for some reason, I started crying. 

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what's happening to me. I just started to panic when you weren't laying by my side." I said while crying. Robin pulled me in a hug and slowly rubbed her a thump over my back. I've been having these kinds of panic attacks a lot lately. I know Robin is worried about me. She knows panic attacks are the worst, and she always helps me get through them. But I know she wants to talk about them more. I know she has a suspicion about why I have them.