23: Why Now?

3rd person pov:

As bakugou charges in. The monster tries everything to stop him. Only to leave a few scratches on bakugou.

"STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!!"

Bakugou:"Is that fear in your voice I hear?! What is it  you don't want us to see in here!?"

It's at that point bakugou reaches the door, and charges up a blast to bust the door down.

The lights cut on and the monster appears before him to shield the door with his own body.

"I surrender!!!"

Bakugou is caught off guard and stops mid attack.

Tetsu:"are you serious man? Why now of all times?"

All might gets off his back and reaches a for the doorknob.

"I wouldn't do that. The explosive hooked to this door will destroy everything in a city block."

Bakugou:"Now you care about lives? There's something you're hiding, and I'm gonna find out."

"I'm giving myself up under the condition that no one tries to enter or look inside that room. Think wisely about it. A hero killer is imprisoned. In exchange you keep a door shut. You can't get a better deal than that."

Bakugou:"Fuck you!"

Bakugou charges his fist to attack. When suddenly a pulse hits everyone and cancels their quirks. Bakugou feels weak and queezy for a moment.

Tetsu:" w...what was that?"

"A self protection system the room has. For thirty minutes it'll send pulses if quirks are used near the door to protect what's inside. Giving you enough time for the police to arrest me."

He holds his arms out infront. So all might uses the moment to cuff him.

All might:"There's still good inside you young man. "

"Cheap words coming from you. I still hate you both for what happened that day."

As the police escort him away. His eyes appear on the surface to be rage filled, but a closer look reveals sarrow and tears swelling deep within.

"One last thing before I go. How did you all manage to navigate threw a pitch black building that you've never entered before?"

Tetsu:"well it was you right? You gave us a mental map image with the blood stain right?"

Izuku's eyes darken over with shadows as he looks down. Before quickly looking back at the door. Muttering to himself too low for anyone to hear.

"Was that your last ditch effort? How pitiful."

He grits his teeth and fists before being carried away. Once in the van. He's driven away.

Bakugou falls to his knees and bows his head. So that no one can see him crying.

"Damnit. I was too slow to save him."

Memories fill his mind of Kirishima. Before drifting into his last night with him.

Kiri:"Hey man? When we graduate. Do you wanna get married?"

"Dumbass, do you really need to ask?"

"Heheh!"

Bakugou laying his head on Kirishima's chest as they laid together in bed.

Then his mind begins to think back to the hospital shower with izuku and the words he spoke in Bakugou's ear.

"I trust you to be the one to make the choice."

Bakugou punches the door. The moment his fist moves away. Dust comes off to reveal the silver color below.