Chapter Eight

[A/n] Man- Back at it again. I hope you're liking the story plot so far :D Anyways, here we are with some more chapters I decided to write in the middle of the night.

Jay's POV -

Jay was beyond relieved to see that Lloyd was doing alright. Although, what lies ahead for him? Harumi had returned, somehow, and even to this day Lloyd is still affected by her actions. Jay was terrified to think what might happen when Lloyd gains his powers again. From what Kai described, Lloyd was dangerous. He was relieved that Lloyd didn't question whether his powers were there or not. He was too tired and confused to realize. The kid might not know and intend these thoughts and actions, but he couldn't be trusted with his powers back. At least, that's what Jay had some to understand.

Kai turned to the draining tea that was still set upon the shelf. "When can we give him his powers back? It's not right to steal them from him," Kai asked as he faced Master Wu. The hot-head has a point. Jay thought to himself. But, it's too dangerous.

Master Wu sighed and lowered his head. "It is best we wait until we know that it will be safe. We will tell Lloyd about his powers once he wakes," he raised his head and looked around at the rest of the ninja. "Until then, I want you training! I can sense this will be our most difficult battle yet."

"Yes, Sensei," the ninja said in unison as they followed each other out to the monastery's training course.

Jay turned his head to see that Nya had remained still, holding her arm and staring at the ground sheepishly. Jay put his arm around her shoulder and looked into her eyes. "What's wrong, Nya? Are you hurt?"

"No, no, no, nothing like that. I just-" she paused for a moment. "I don't think I should join you guys. I may be back from the sea, but my powers are fairly weak. I was pretty useless back at the crystal council." She sighed, shaking her head, "I don't think I should join you."

Jay gave her a reassuring smile, "You are not useless and never will be. You are more than just your powers, Nya. You are one of the strongest ninja on the team. I know you can find other ways to fight."

Nya's face changed to show a bit of confidence. "Thank you, Jay, I think I will," she said, giving Jay a smile.

He gave Nya a small kiss on the check and followed the others towards the training course.

The sun was setting and training seemed to be going painfully slow. Everyone's mind was stuck on the same thought; will Lloyd be okay? Jay could tell that Lloyd's events were affecting Kai the most. The hot-headed ninja could barely focus on defending himself as Jay blew attacks on him. After a couple minutes of Kai flailing and landing on the ground, Jay stepped back with a sigh.

"You need to focus, Kai. Worrying won't make Lloyd any better. We need to-"

Jay was cut off by Kai's furious yell, "Are you kidding me right now? You weren't there, Jay. How do you expect me to just forget about him?!" He took a step closer, eyes burning with anger. "You were doing the same with Nya!"

Jay narrowed his eyes and his muscles tensed, "Don't bring Nya into this!" His arms raised and lightning bolts started to spark around his hands. Jay about had it with Kai and his stupid impulsive desisions. They were getting nowhere just sitting around and fretting about the worst.

Kai's fists lit on fire and he took a step back to steady himself, "I never said I was! I'm getting tired of you bossing us around!" and with that he thrusted his hands forward, throwing a ball of fire at his teammate.

Jay flipped around to dodge the fire and immediately flung lighting towards Kai. He landed in a lung, ready to dodge the next attack.

Kikian stepped in front of the fighting ninja, annoyance plastered on her face. "Will you two just fucking quit it? This is ridiculous! Master Wu would be absolutely furious if he saw you two fighting instead of training."

"I already am."

They all turned to see Master Wu had entered the training course. Disappointment was shown in his expression. Lloyd soon appeared behind Wu, making each ninja's eyes light up with surprise.

"Lloyd! How do you feel?" asked Kai as fast as he could. Jay managed not to roll his eyes with irritation.

"I'm feeling better. I'm less tired than I was before."

Master Wu cleared his throat to get the ninja's attention again. He sent his disappointed gaze to Jay and Kai and shook his head, "What have we come to? While you are quarreling with each other, evil is growing stronger." He turned to Lloyd to gesture him forward. "And, it's time we inform you about something, Lloyd."

Lloyd tilted his head in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

Jay sighed to himself. So Master Wu hasn't told Lloyd about his powers yet. He decided to stay quiet, a little nervous of how Lloyd might react. We basically think he's dangerous to us!