VI

I went down to their infirmary and found Junhui lying on a bed, asleep. I brought a chair over and sat next to him, looking down on that purple hair of his.

'Guess they fixed you up huh' I said to no one.

I saw a dark patch below his wrist. I pull back his sleeve and notice a giant bruise forming. I search in my pocket for my handy ointment and squeeze a little bit on the area. Absentmindedly, I massage his wrist gently.

'I think you're the one worried about me' a voice spoke to me.

I looked down and see Junhui's all-too-familiar smirk plastered on his face.

'Oh shut it Hui, we all know who saved your ass in the end' I said

'But you said you wouldn't save me if the building was on fire' 

'Ahh but the building wasn't on fire was it?' I pointed out.

'Figures' he said with a faint smile.

He peered down at his wrist and saw what I was doing. 'You know bruises just go away on their own right?'

'I know. But my ointment works wonders and considering the size of this thing, you won't be able to use your hand without feeling sore. So let me do this.'

'Thank you' he said quietly.

I raise my eyebrow in disbelief.

'I'm sorry now what did you say? I couldn't quite hear it?'

He glared at me but said it anyways.

'Thank you for saving me out there. I admit it was my first field missions and I was not the best at combat training'.

'Ahh don't mention it. That's why I was hired. And besides you carried me plenty of times with that swift mouth of yours' I said, knowing how bad I am at social cues and barter.

But the way he smirked at me made me realise he was thinking about something else. I shoved his shoulder but he laughed in return after seeing my cheeks pink.

'Hahaha! Ow! That hurt'

I glared at his stupid face.

I am never working with another male again.

Once he had recovered enough, we were both called by Scoups for a briefing. We sat in front of him and he gestured for us to begin.

'So everything was going well, we managed to fool everyone and we sneaked into the vault and grabbed the diamond but suddenly we lost contact with your confidante and alarms started ringing' I said

Scoups looked to Junhui who nodded in agreement

'Which may I add, I asked Joshua if there were any alarms and he said there was none detected. And none visible to the eye either.' I say, trying to get my point across

'Yes, it seems that there was an error with my inside man and he was busted. Whether L and his men already knew about him and did it on purpose or not, we won't know. But he did make it out of there so I'll discuss more with him. Go on.'

'We got locked in the vault so I had no choice but to blast the wall open and we made it to the roof. But the leader and his men caught up with us.'

'You saw the leader of Bloodroot. As in L.' Scoups said in slight surprise.

'Not just saw, but talked to him, negotiated with him and cursed him out' said Junhui with a laugh. I nudged his shoulder.

'I tried to get Junhui out of the line of fire but those bastards shot at him anyways, hence his injury. The leader asked for the diamond-'

'And you actually gave it to him' said Junhui who crossed his arms.

Scoups looked at me with a fire in his eyes but I smiled back.

'I gave the bag he asked for, which was filled with my bomb which I detonated. And we got out of there as quick as we could. I made sure we weren't followed'.

The people in the room were all looking at me in surprise.

I grabbed Junhui's bag and dropped it on Scoups desk. He looked at me suspiciously and opened it. Revealing the diamond that I hid inside.

'Let me get this straight, you nuked the leader of Bloodroot and his men which possibly killed them, stole the diamond which is worth billions and got out of there alive?' Scoups' secretary, Jeonghan said in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders and nodded apathetically.

I looked at Scoups in the eye.

'Your welcome' I said with a smug smile.