II

We met up with Scoups' confidante, Joshua, and he gave us a rundown of where the diamond would be and at what time. There would be a gap in the transfer, where the providers will leave the diamond in a locked vault and when the leader of Bloodroot would arrive to inspect it. That's when we would strike.

'Hmm, that's not a lot of time to work with Joshua' I said shaking my head

'I know and I apologise for the tricky situation you have to work in. But I'll be on the outside and try to buy you time. I'll also be your lookout as I have access to the cameras.' He said

We nodded at his words.

Scoups, I sure wish this man is as capable as you said he'd be. If not, I guess it won't be that hard to get back at him.

He handed us both earpieces which were small enough to be easily concealed.

'Good luck you two'

And we waved goodbye.

'Try not to mess this up for me honey'

'I certainly won't be saving you when I set the place on fire' I retorted

'Play nicely you two' a third voice chimed in. Ahh, earpieces.

Suddenly, Junhui turned to me and leaned down. 'Don't worry Joshua, my wife and I will outsmart all the hooligans here' he said in my ear

'Get away you prick' I hissed as I pushed him away. He simply grinned back at me.

We mingled with other Bloodroot members who I noticed were from a very high family status. Criminals can come from anywhere I suppose.

Although I kept tabs on many dangerous and well known criminals. A lot of these people were business owners, stock shareholders and influencers. The amount of power in this room was starting to scare me and I didn't fail to notice the amount of armed guards. Even with my own experience, I couldn't help but grip the dagger strapped to my thigh.

'Relax honey, don't wanna give yourself away'

I let my left hand fall and clutched his arm tighter. I don't think I could last any longer in here. If only I had better resources. A better plan. A better team. I glared at the man next to me as he raised his eyebrows in question.

Somehow, we managed to sway every single person that talked to us here. That we were owners of a hotel group and deeply rooted within the gang. I didn't even speak a word except for merely nodding in agreement, but Junhui had charmed his way through the magic of words.

'Not bad Hui' I smirked at him, after the second in command of Bloodroot had just praised us for acquiring a "billion-dollar investment"

'Told ya'

'Just wait until I get my babies out, then you'll see why your leader called for me'

'You better hope not. I want to get in and get out as quickly as possible.'

'Aww where's the fun in that?'

'These are dangerous people Kui, we don't know what could happen if we get caught at the wrong place at the wrong time' he warned. Uselessly for that matter. I know exactly the consequences if that ever happens.

'It's here' Joshua's disembodied voice rang out

The diamond must have arrived.

'I'll give you the signal when the suppliers have left the room'

Junhui stood still for a moment. His face in a contemplative gaze. Suddenly he turned to me and fiddled with his suit button

'What is it?' I asked

'We need to get to the vault right? But guests are restricted to go anywhere else'

'So how do we get there without rising suspicion?'

'I have a plan but you're not gonna like it' he said sheepishly

I grumbled, 'just spit it out'

I balked as he whispered his plan to me.