9. "The Freak's Got Himself a Girlfriend"

After hearing your dad yell up to you, you quickly picked up the phone and said "Hello?".

Through the phone, you heard, "Uh...Hi, it's Eddie".

"Hey Eddie, what's up?" you asked.

"Um...I just wanted to apologize for today at lunch if things got weird. I wasn't sure if I should tell the boys or not that it was your number on my arm in case you weren't comfortable with it" Eddie shyly said.

"Oh, um, well thanks. I think I would have been fine with it, it's not like we had gone on a date or something, right?" you replied with a slight laugh.

"Right" replied Eddie. 

There was then an long silence. You couldn't think of a better time so you blurted out, "Do you want to come over for dinner on Wednesday? My mom is making spaghetti. It was her idea to invite you, but I thought it was a good idea. Don't feel like you have to say yes, like I said, it was her idea..." You realized you were rambling and threw your hand to your face, shutting yourself up.

Without missing a beat, Eddie said, "I love spaghetti. I'll be there". You couldn't believe it. Eddie said yes even though you just embarrassed yourself with how you asked him.

________________

You anxiously awaited Wednesday to come. School on Tuesday was a typical day, you chatted with Eddie in the classes you shared, sat with Hellfire at lunch, and finished out your day with the remainder of your classes. You were beginning to like your routine.

As you were leaving school on Tuesday, you were stopped by a hand on your shoulder. You turned around to see Eddie. "Hey Y/N, so what time should I show up tomorrow for dinner?".

"Oh, um, you should probably show up around 5, or you could come right after school too, not sure what you want to do." you responded shyly.

"Great, how about I just drive you home from school tomorrow and then stay until after dinner. Sound good?" Eddie asked you.

"Sounds good" you said with a smile.

____________________

Wednesday finally arrived. You woke up early because you couldn't sleep due to both excitement and nerves. You got ready and headed downstairs. "Good morning Honey, what time is Eddie coming over tonight?" your mom asked.

"He's going to drive me home from school and then stay until after dinner" you told your mom.

"Well that sounds fun, Honey", your mom said kindly. You still couldn't believe that your mom was okay with you hanging out with Eddie. You just hoped she wasn't overcompensating for your dad. Your dad hadn't said anything about Eddie yet which made you really nervous for the dinner tonight.

_________________

School dragged on that day. You kept looking at the clock wanting it to be the end of the school day, but by looking at it constantly it just made the time go by slower.

Finally, the end of the day arrived. You waited at your locked for Eddie. "You ready?" he asked as he approached you.

"Yep" you said smiling.

You and Eddie started to walk out of the school together when you heard someone yell, "Look, the freak's got himself a girlfriend!". You turned around to see one of the jocks who you recently learned was named Jason. You had no idea what to say or do, you hadn't heard anyone directly call Eddie a freak yet, you had only heard rumors about him and how people viewed him. While you were trying to figure out what to do, Eddie was already taking action.

He walked by Jason and said straight to his face, "Go fuck yourself, pretty boy", and then flipped him off. You saw rage fill Jason's body, but before anything else could happen, your hand was being grabbed by Eddie's and you were both running out of the school. You quickly got into Eddie's van and were on your way to your house before you could even process what happened.

 You quickly got into Eddie's van and were on your way to your house before you could even process what happened