Which One?

Y/n's POV.

"He showed me... things that haven't happened yet." Nancy trembled as she spoke. "The most awful things. I saw... a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighbourhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me my mom and Holly, Mike. And they..." She shivered. "They were all..." She tried to keep herself from bursting into tears.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance." Steve broke the silence. "Right? I mean... I mean it's not real."

"Not Yet. But there was something else. He showed me gates.
Four gates... spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one in Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the upside down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four chimes." Max started. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"I heard them too." I spoke up.

"So did I." Said Nancy.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max realized.

"Four kills." Lucas broke from his daze. "Four gates. End of the world."

"If that's true." Dustin spoke up. "He's only one kill away."

If what they were saying was true... and Vecna only needed one more kill... than why were both Max and I cursed? That would make five, not four.

"Oh, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ!" Eddie panicked.

"Try 'em again." Steve ordered Max. "Try 'em again."

Max went over to the phone and dialed in a number.

"This is messdd up." I spoke.

"Jesus..."

"Eddie, calm down. We'll figure something out." I brought him closer to me.

"How are you so calm?" He asked.

I smiled at him. "I'm scared to death."

"Anything?" Dustin asked.

"No." Max put the phone back. "Rang a few times then it went to busy signal."

"Maybe you punched it in wrong. Try again." Said Steve.

"I didn't punch it in wrong."

"Well, I don't know."

"Dude, I think she knows how to use a phone."

"I'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong."

Max tried again, making sure that the number was not wrong.

"Who are we even trying to call?" I asked.

"Joyce. The girl with super powers. We're trying to call her mom."

"Ah, yeah, right. That girl. Eleven? Was that her name?"

"Yeah."

"Huh... interesting."

"Same shit." Max put the phone back.

"How is that possible?"

"I'm telling you, Joyce has this telemarketer job. She's always on the phone. Mike won't stop whining about it."

"Yeah, but this phone's been busy, for what, like three days now? It's not Joyce. No way. Something's wrong."

"She's right. It can't be just coincidence. It can't be. Whatever's happening in Lenore is connected to all of this. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead... We have to go back there. Back to the upside down."