The War Zone

"Check it out, guys." Dustin's voice woke me up. "We're here." 

I got up from Eddie's lap, looking out the window at the massive building. "Cool." I exclaimed.

"Alright, let's go." Steve turned off the engine of the trailer and unlocked the door. They all headed out, walking into The War Zone.

"I'm bummed. I wanted to go in as well." I frowned as I saw them walk in.

"Gotta stay off the radar." Eddie explained.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I leaned back in my seat. "Can you guys believe I don't have a driver's licence." 

"You can still learn." Said Eddie.

"Me? I don't think so." I chuckled. "Although, I am in a car."

"Y/n... no." Dustin warned.

"That's a really bad idea. We're supposed to wait here until they're back." Lucas agreed with Dustin.

"Whatever! I promise I'll make it quick." I smiled at them. 

"Y/n! This is our only ride. We can't crash this trailer. And also, I want to live." Dustin said back as I walked passed him and headed for the front of the car.

"Come on, man. Let her try." Eddie turned the engine on.

"You are a bad influence on her, Edward!"

"What's the big deal? I'll go slow, okay?" I waved Dustin off.

I heard Lucas struggle in the back of the trailer like he had lost something and was trying to look for it. "Why are there no seatbelts in the back?!?!"

"Shit! We're gonna die!" Dustin shouted.

"Would you guys shut up!" I yelled at them as I sat down on the driver's seat. "Okay, Eddie. what do I do?"

"Okay, that's the accelerator. That's the foot break, and that one is the clutch. This is the gear stick. Do you know how everything works?"

"I'm pretty sure I can figure it out."

"I am scared for my life." Dustin whispered in the back.

"You'll be fine, babe." I shouted back at him. Without hesitation I pressed my foot against a pedal I had already forgotten what it did. The trailer shot backwards like our life depended on it.

"AGHH! OH MY GODDD!"

"JESUS CHRIST!"

 I pressed another pedal, hoping that it would stop the car, which it did. I peeked backwards to check on them, only to see that everyone was on the floor. "Oops. Sorry, wrong gear." I chuckled, changing the gear again to something else, pressing the same pedal again. Now, this time we shot forwards. Everyone in the back went flying backwards, hitting the back of the trailer. "Oh crap!" I changed the gear again, seeing if it would stop the car. We only went faster.

"What are you doing!!" Dustin shouted as Lucas screamed like a five year old girl.

"How do you break?!" I asked them.

"Oh my god! She doesn't even know how to break!" Dustin shouted, afraid to lose his life.

Eddie had fallen all the way to the back, making him unable to take the wheel.

I looked up from the steering wheel trying to see where we were going. "Oh, would you look at that." I tried keeping a calm tone to my voice so that the others wouldn't freak out, but I was truly panicking.

"What?! What's happening?!"

"We are about to hit an elderly woman passing the street with a cute 'lil fruit basket." I said innocently.

"AGHHHHHHH!"

"BREAK!"

"STOP THE CAR!"

"Oh, you're so clever, Dustin. It's not like that's what I've been trying to do! I don't want to hit the poor woman!"

"FOOT BREAK! USE YOUR FOOT!!!"

"Oh, that's right." I remembered, slamming my foot onto the foot break, making everyone fall forwards. The trailer was a mere meter away from the lady who was passing the street. I put on Steve's sunglasses, so she wouldn't recognise my face. She looked up at the window, giving me a death stare. I rolled down the door window and peeked out to look at her. "Good day, ma'am."

"Are you crazy?"

"It's a personality trait."

"You almost killed me!"

"Yeah, I'm very sorry about that."

"Do you want me to go in there and show you why the hell you should be sorry?!" She shouted, banging her cane against the car.

"Oh yeah? Okay. I'll open the door for you. But don't start crying when I break your knee caps, you old bitc-"

"Alright, Sweetie, that's enough!" Eddie appeared beside me, rolling up the window.

"How did I do?" I asked him.

"You..." He hesitated. "You did... great."

"Aw, thank you! I mean, I know it's my first time, and it wasn't the best, but I appreciate you saying that I did well. Sure, I still need to learn how to use the pedals and the gear stick and the-"

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah." Eddie pulled me off the seat, sitting on it himself.

"Rude." I mumbled. I looked back to see Lucas holding onto a seat like his life depended on it, Dustin was on the floor, trying to catch his breath. "Oh please, don't be such babies."

"I think I'm about to throw up."

"Oh please don't. I can't watch other people throw up, it's like one of my worst phobias aside from spiders." I turned away immediately. The car started to move, Eddie driving us back to where we were parked before. Just as we came to a halt, everyone that had left the trailer were already rushing in like they were running away from something.

"What happened?" Dustin asked them.

"Your old friends are here."

"Shit!"

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"

"I'm going! I'm going! Sit down." Steve yelled, taking his place in the driver's seat, and driving away from The War Zone. "Are you wearing my sunglasses?" Steve turned his attention to me for a second.

"...... No."

"Give me my sunglasses."

"Ugh!" I took them off, throwing them onto his face. "They're ugly anyways."

"What the hell happened in here?" Nancy asked as she looked around in the messy trailer.

Suddenly Eddie, Lucas and Dustin all pointed at me.

"You snitches!" I gasped.