News

Y/n's POV.

"Okay, so we got bad news and some good news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked, looking between Eddie and I.

"Bad news." I said.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie replied as we filled our stomachs.

"Alright. Bad news; we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for the both of you. Also, they're pretty convinced you two killed Chrissy."

"Like a 100% kind of convinced." Max chimed in. Eddie and I looked at each other, taking a second to register.

"And the good news?" I asked.

"Your names haven't gone public yet, but if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin leaned imto the conversation.

"Damn." I slumped myself next to Eddie.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him and prove your innocence."

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie said sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, guys, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a few times and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based and their were more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really think we got this." Robin spoke.

"Well, usually we rely on this girl, who has super powers, but those went bye-bye, so we're technically in this..." Steve tried to find the right word. I totally stopped listening when he mentioned a girl with super powers.

"We're in a brainstorming phase." Max added for him.

"There's nothing to worry about." Dustin sputtered.

Sirens started wailing outside. I ran to the window, looking out to see if the cops had found us, but they were going somewhere else. I turned around to ask the others about it, but when I turned, no one was there.

"Guys?" I looked around. There was nothing but an empty dark room, it's like they had taken everything away in a mere second. "What...?" As risky as it was, I walked outside. "Steve?!" I shouted, no answer came from the woods, except for a loud tick of a clock. I turned quickly, my eyes looking straight at the big clock as it hang from a tree, the only thing supporting it being a rope. It's like it was... hanged, in the same manner that a person would be. I backed away slowly, not knowing what was happening. I felt something crawling on my skin. I looked down at my feet, a hundred black widows crawling up my legs. "Agh!" I backed away, shaking my legs, trying to get the deadly spiders off.

Back away, I felt hands on my shoulders, halting my movements before they turned me around and I was met with Eddie.

Everything had suddenly gone back to normal. I wasn't outside, I was still in the storage house with Eddie and the others as all of them looked at me. Eddie had his hands on my shoulders, slightly shaking me. "Y/n... hey, you okay?" He asked me, his eyes reflecting worrisom. I took a second to notice my surroundings again. I wasn't outside, everything was still in the room and there certainly was no clock.

"Uh..." I looked back up at Eddie. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay."

"Good. You zoned out for a second..."

"No, yeah, I'm- I'm fine. I'm okay."

"You sure?" Max asked.

"Yeah! Totally. I just zoned out." I said, the image of the clock still in my head. The terror of the spiders crawling up my legs still making me paranoid. "Anyway..." I cleared my throat. "You guys should get going." It told the them. I sat down on the mattress, looking down at my legs to make sure I didn't see any eight legged animals.

"Alright." Steve said as they all looked at each other confused. "Be careful." They all headed out the door. Steve turned his head once, making sure one last time that I was okay. I gave him a smile and he closed the door.

"Okay." Eddie sat down next to me. "Now, tell me what's really going on."

I turned to him, my brows raising. "What?"

"What actually happened back there?"

"Nothing." I shook my head. "Nothing happened."

"Y/n..." He looked down at me.

"I don't know what it was." I gave in, finally telling him what I saw. "It was like a dream. I have no idea. You guys just... disappeared. I was alone. I tried looking for you, but there was no one there. So I went outside. And then this... big clock appeared. It was hanging from a tree. A rope was tied around it, and then... a lot of spiders, black widows, hundreds of them crawling up my legs. But then you got me out. You shook me out of it." My eyes peered at him, a slight feeling was making my heart race. "I know it sounds weird and stupid-"

"It doesn't." He pulled me closer. "How do you know it's not a dream?"

"I don't. I have no idea what it was, I mean, it lasted like three minutes and it was all in my head, but it was so real." I expressed.

He looked at me, a crease between his brows. "Did you go through my dealer box?"

"Are you asking me if I've been doing drugs?"

"Maybe."

"So you do think I'm crazy!"

"No! I never said that. I was just asking." He raised his hands in defense. "Maybe you're just tired. All you need is some rest."

I sighed. What if I was actually going crazy, though? I wouldn't even notice. I mean, what I told him, does make me sound like I did dig through his dealer box.

"Sweetheart..." Eddie grabbed my chin turning me towards him. "I can hear your thoughts from a mile away. Stop overthinking. It's probably nothing." He kissed my cheek.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I'm just paranoid." I said, savouring Eddie's kisses to my cheek.