Chapter 16

I woke up to having reddish brown hair in my face- It was Maki 's hair. Her hair was everywhere as she took it out of her pigtails before going to sleep. I looked over her to see Kaito. He was drooling on Maki. I already knew she would beat his ass when She woke up. I smiled at them while they slept. I was so happy that they were in my life.

When Maki woke up she noticed the drool and starting hitting Kaito with a pillow, waking him up. "Kaito you fucking drooled on me! Ew!" "I can't control that Maki Roll!" Kaito then hid behind me. Using me as a meat shield he began screeching so loudly like a girl that I was glad the rooms are almost soundproof. "Shut up Kaito! I bet everyone can hear your loud girly ass" "Maki Roll that's rude!" Maki threw a pillow at me and I knew exactly what she wanted me to do. I swung it at Kaito. He gave me the most jokingly shocked face ever. "Shuichi?! You too?! Not fair!!!" He began hitting us back with the pillows before the morning announcement started playing.

Time skip
----------------
Miu said she made something for us while at lunch. I don't believe it's something good knowing her- but we all decided to go anyways. When we got there there was this huge machine. Miu said it was a VR machine and that she made it of us. Though if was sweet I definitely could see something going on later.
Once going over rules and now do work it, we all loaded in.

-
When we knew something was wrong with Miu we all took off our headsets and was met with her corpse. It made my stomach turn and I could tell they knew as well as Maki and Kaito both put their hand on shoulder turning me away. I looked over quick enough to see Kokichi's devastated face before he hid with with a large grin, clearly trying to hid the fact he's upset or guilty.

I walked up to him and gave him the encouraging words he needed before starting the investigation making sure to remember the look he had. The trial was coming any minute now and if we wanted to avenge her like the rest we would have to get a move on.

-
That bastard really made Gonta kill Miu?- at least I understand the guilty look he had but now it's hard to trust him- not like it wasn't already. I felt Kaito ruffle my hair while Maki patted my shoulder and we started heading to the library to read.

Once getting there I decided to pick out a romance novel I found there. As we began reading I could tell Maki wanted to read so I gave her the book and told her if she wanted to get another one she could. As she read I could see Kaito paying attention as it wasn't time for us to sleep. And when she finished the book she asked if she read it okay.

"Of course you did Maki Roll! You and Shuichi Shu are the best readers! Even better than Van goatee."

"You idiot. It's Van Gogh and he isn't known for reading. He's known for art." "HEY! DON'T CALL ME AN IDIOT!-" "it's true though" "*whines* SHUICHIIIII!"

All I could do was watch them playfully fight while laughing.

I knew this wouldn't last long but I wanted to enjoy it as long as possible.

The Night time announcement went off and we headed towards are respected rooms. Kaito grabbed my arm and smiled at me. The same warm smile you feel in winter that warms you up. He then gave me a tight hug and ran to his room leaving me shocked and flustered. What was he to me? And what was I to him?

I then went to bed having that warm feeling once more.

-Small note-
Hey super sorry about the long wait with this! Tomorrow is my birthday and I've been planning stuff so I haven't had a lot of time. The next chapter will be out maybe next month or early into the month after that. Again super sorry and I hope you enjoyed this!