Chapter 5

After Ryoma's trial and finding out why Kirumi killed him, Shuichi was getting back into his isolation. And Kaito knew what he had to do.

Kaito's pov
-----------------
Shuichi locked himself in his room again! I'm angry but I get it.i know things haven't been easy for him since Kaede and Rantaro. I knew it was up to me and Maki to cheer him up enough for him to leave his room.

I went to get Maki to tell her my plan, She agreed, I know she only agreed Because she knew I would drag her there anyway.And she was right. On our way there we saw Himiko being swarmed by affection from Angie and Tenko. Maki made a face of a tad bit of disgust. I knew she didn't lik public desplay of affection and I respected that. Which is why I only hug her when we're with Shuichi, working out.

We then got to his room.

Shuichi's Pov
----------------------
I basically ran to my room, shutting it. I couldn't do it. I didn't want to go through another trial. We should've just Kirumi win.But I knew it had to be done and that makes me more angry at myself.

I began to have flashbacks of what Kaede said to me,

Flashback time boyys
----------------------------------

"Shuichi, you should have more confidence in what you do!" We were sitting in the class room she rolled the shot put ball into. She was smiling at me with her lovely smile, I was lucky to have met her. "I know... It's hard though" past Shuichi said, "I know, but I'll be with you, helping you the best I can!" She was a angel. Everyone was angels. They didn't deserve to be trapped here. I then heard a voice whisper: "THIS IS YOUR FAULT" over and over again. It was then cut off with a sharp but g*ntle knock.

Flashback over
------------------------
It was my door, I wondered if I should answer. I did, I opened it to be met with Kaito and Maki. They were standing there. "Ah Shuichi! We were knocking for a bit, I had to knock louder. I hope I didn't scare you" he scratched his neck apologetically. I softly smiled at him and Maki, telling them I would like to get fresh air. They smiled, well as best as Maki could. They were happy that I wanted to go outside. "I'm glad that you want to get out" Maki said. "Yeah, we thought we would have to convince you!" Kaito laughed out, it wasn't a teasing laugh nor tone, it was one full of gratefulness and relief.

We then decided to go near the fountain where me and her met Angie, who creeped me out. As we sat there Kaito was talking about his grandparents, Maki was just listening carefully, she's a good friend, to me and Kaito. Now that is realize it they both remind me of her. Maki being loyal and understanding while Kaito being optimistic and very trusting. I knew deep down I deserved them but most of me thought I didn't deserve her,Maki,and Kaito.

Kaito then turned to me and asked about my hobbies, I didn't know how to answer but I then answered, "well.. I like reading, and writing.." they looked at me and said that they were happy that I liked doing stuff and asked if I wanted to read, I shyly said yes, and Kaito said "I'll go to your lab and pick out some books, Got any preference?" "Mystery and Romance..." He then ran off to my lab.

While we waited in Kaito to get back Maki put her hand on my shoulder, "hey.. I know what your feeling.. I think" I looked at her with a confused face. "I miss her too... But if we want to grant her wish, we gotta get through this." I gave her a smile and said "yeah, we do.." we both softly smiled, we then heard Kaito in yell at us that he's back, we softly chuckle.

He huffs and catches his breath with two books in his hands, one called 'so lingers the ocean' and the other one is a mystery novel about a class that went missing on a field trip. He then sat with us as I read the mystery novel. When I finished reading the 6th chapter I saw that Kaito was asleep on my right shoulder while drooling, I then look to my left to see Maki looking at him with a tiny bit of disgust as she pulled a napkin out of her pocket and wiped his mouth.

-Small note-
-------------------
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter, I totally improvised and didn't have a pre-script, I think this is my favorite chapter so far. If you guys want more interactions with different characters comment them.

 If you guys want more interactions with different characters comment them