Bumlets

Dedicated to: ador3hephaestus

Y/n knew it was ridiculously inconvenient to be in love with a newsie.Everybody knew it,especially her.

But when she was with Bumlets,she forget about her high class morals and the rules her mother and father would drill into her brain since she was a child.

Maybe it was the fact she shouldn't be doing it,or the fact one day she won't be able to do it,but whatever it was that kept Y/n coming back to him,didn't matter.

The star-crossed pair sat in front of a tree in Central Park,the moon being their only source of light.The brunette newsie placed soft kisses over Y/n's face.

"What if i'm forced to marry him?My father has been making me spend a lot of time with him lately.."The girl wondered worriedly.

"I won't let it happen.You're staying with me no matter what"Bumlets whispered,kissing Y/n's head,causing her to relax against his chest.

They both stayed silent for a moment before Y/n turned and looked at him,their faces inches apart.

"I would do it y'know.."She told him.The Manhattan newsie furrowed his brows in confusion,but he had some idea of what she meant.

"Do what,Love?"He asked softly.

"I'd leave my parents.I'd leave everything I have for you.Nothing else matters if I don't have you with me,B."She whispered,meaning every word.

Bumlet's face held a bittersweet smile.He loved her more than he's ever loved anyone,but he couldn't be the reason she looses everything.

"You know you cant do that.Not for me,at least.."

Y/n frowned,still inches away from his face,"Why not?If I don't then i'll be forced into a marriage that will ruin my life."

"Y/n.."He softly whispered,"I don't want you to loose everything like I have.You of all people don't deserve that."

The girl was hurt.She leaned back from him,a frown still on her pretty face."So you'd rather me getting married?"

"That's not what I meant"Bumlets frowned.

Y/n sighed in frustration,"The only thing I'd be loosing is material items.You know as well as I do my parents only want me to make alliances with his family."

"Love,I'm not worth it.You might be happy with him,you never know.."

"Bumlets,there is nobody else for me,and I don't want anyone else."Y/n told him seriously.His features softened.

"Do you really mean it,You're not gonna leave me?"He asked,his voice almost shaking.Y/n felt her heart break for him.

He didn't know how to accept love,because he had never received enough of it from his family.The girl nodded with a small grin,"I love you more than the stars love the night sky."She whispered.

Bumlets chuckled,his eyes stinging,"I love you too,sweetheart."He pulled her in,his hands resting loosely on her neck.

The boy started placing kisses around her face,causing her to giggle and playfully push him away.

She quickly stood up and ran off,Bumlets hot on her tail."You mad man!"she laughed loudly.When he caught up to her,his arms caught her waist and pulled her down to the ground.

Bumlets ended up in the grass,Y/n on top of him,laughing uncontrollably.She quickly rolled of him but he got on top of her and gently held her wrists down.

Y/n continued to laugh at the boy,while he stared,mesmerised by her natural beauty."Im gonna love you for the rest of my life Y/n Y/L/N."