Kid Blink

𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫:
ador3hephaestus

Kid Blink sat at the bottom of the Lodging house stairs with a grumpy look.All day he'd waited for his best friend to walk through the door,but she hadn't yet.

Mush chuckled and sat beside Blink,nudging him,"Who you waiting for,Blink?"

"No one."

"Hm?What was that?"Mush grinned,holding his ear,"Is that lies I am hearing?".Kid Blink rolled his eyes,clearly not in the mood for jokes.

"Alright,fine.I give up"Mush innocently held his hands up,joining a group of newsies playing poker in front of the fire.

The front door suddenly opened and Jack Kelly walked in,his arm around Y/n.The pair looked around before Jack nodded his head towards Kid Blinks direction.Y/n sighed nervously.

Kid Blink looked away as he made eye contact with the pair,who seemed to be talking about him.Jack and Y/n were greeted with hugs and handshakes by the rest of the boys,but Blink stayed out.

Y/n stood near the stairs,looking at Blink.Mush tapped her shoulder and hugged her,"He wouldn't talk to anyone all day."he whispered.This made Y/n nod with a frown.

"Hey Blink"Y/n smiled,as she walked closer to where he sat.When he didn't answer,Y/n looked to Jack for reassurance,and he nodded.Blink scoffed and stood up,heading up the stairs.Y/n's eyebrows furrowed with confusion and hurt.

Jack them walked to Y/n,Mush by his side,"Just follow him and explain everything,he'll understand"Jack said.

"What if he doesn't?He is acting like he hates me.."

"He definitely doesn't hate you Y/n/n"Mush widened his eyes,laughing slightly.Jack chuckled.

"Alright,fine."she said,"Wish me luck."

"Happy birthday,and break a leg."

Jack and Mush suddenly got into an argument about the saying Jack had used.Y/n shook her head with a smile and ran up the stairs.

She walked into the bedroom area and frowned when Blink wasn't sitting on his bed.The window up to the roof was open,so Y/n climbed up.

"Blink?Are you out here?"Y/n called,receiving no reply.Suddenly her mind went to the worst possible outcome,running to the side of the roof and looking down.

She sighed in relief when she didn't see Kid Blink's body on the ground below her.Kid Blink rolled his eyes when he realised the girl followed him.

"Blink?Whats wrong?"she asked,biting the inside of her cheek.Blink stood up from his spot with a hurt expression,"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry,I'll leave if you want to be alone."Y/n said sadly.Blink realised how harsh he was being and sighed,pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm sorry,Y/n.Its just-I wanted your birthday to be perfect."he said sadly,"I wanted to bring you to all your favourite places and sing all your favourite songs..I guess I was mad when Jack got there before me."

"Blink,me and Jack didn't do much today,we just talked,mostly him giving me advice."

"Advice?On what?"

"Y'know,selling papes,riding horses,how to tell you I like you,the usual stuff"Y/n said,nerves covering her face.

Blink suddenly walked in front of his best friend,"What did you say there?"he asked."Riding horses?"y/n asked,looking away.

Y/n's head was lifted up by Kid Blink cupping her face."Did you say you like me?"he grinned.Y/n swallowed nervously.

"Not technically,I said 'how to tell you i like you'.."Y/n chuckled.Blink laughed and hugged the girl.

"What advice did Jack give you on that?"

"He said to do this"she paused for a second,before leaning in and kissing Blink,before pulling away very quickly.

Blink smirked."Cowboy gives good advice".Y/n nodded,her face burning up.

"May I?"Blink asked,both hands holding his best friends face.Y/n nodded.The newsie leaned in and kissed her for longer this time.Y/n was the colour of a tomato by now.

"I like you too Y/n.And i'm sorry for being a jerk earlier,tomorrow we're gonna take a day off and i'll bring you anywhere you wanna go.Happy birthday"Kid Blink told her.

"That's ok Blink,just being with you is one of the best gifts i've gotten."Y/n smiled,her eyes sparkling with the moons reflection.

In the weeks after Y/n's birthday,Blink still felt bad for how he acted,so he was still making it up to her.He'd taken her all over New York,but he felt nothing was enough.

But Y/n knew she'd always be content just laying on the Lodging house roof in Kid Blinks arms.