5: Wrong Pocket

"And if he ever goes back to the water fountain, the handle will be broken and the rust set in, But my hand, I will be open and I'll try to fix it..."

------------------------

I realized as I hid back near the door frame with silent rivers running down my face that I had to get out of the school somehow. Hopefully they wouldn't notice if I went back into the classroom and went out the window?

No, I didn't mean I was gonna kill myself, I was going to jump down from windowsill and land safely on the ground. (a/n I just feel the need to clarify)

I don't know if it was just my panic or the fact I was about to do something pretty reckless, but their talking and giggling was just muffled and echoed. I dashed back into the classroom, hoping they would think it was Aizawa, and I slipped open the window and grabbed the ledge above it so I could close the window, and drop down as carefully as I could, rolling with ease into the grassy area below. I ran back to the dorms, trying to collect my thoughts, breath, and tears before opening the door.

All Might was wrong.

Fate was wrong.

I was wrong.

What I thought was just a little fling between two friends apparently ended up being something that was more than I could see from my point of view.

Were my hopes too high?

"Yo, Midoribro! Bakugo is cooking tonight, you wanna come down for dinner?" I heard Kirishima say through the door. There was no way I was going downstairs, I was a mess. My dorm was littered in tissues, and I was on the floor in a blanket.

"U-uhm... Im not really hungry...." I knew Kirishima wasn't going to push it. He didn't like upsetting people.

"Alright! We'll leave a bowl in the fridge for you!"

I must've been in my dorm for a couple hours, because I soon realized everything was silent.

I slid on my usual red sneakers, grabbed a jacket, and quietly made my way to the door, knowing yet again, I was breaking the rules. Luckily Iida is a heavy sleeper.

I made my way out the door, feeling the cold rush of the autumn air fill my ears and bite at my cheeks.

After running for quite some time, I made it.

I was at the water fountain.

Everything was still the same, although the street lamps must've been the same since I last went there. It felt colder, not just because it was Fall, but it was darker and quieter. I sat on the ledge of the fountain. The water was still running, not as much as it was but still running. I wish my luck and chance was that way.

I didn't exactly know what I was doing. I fiddled with my ring and just listened to the softly running water. The air got cooler as the night went on.

I didn't even realize someone was their with me until I finally looked up and saw Kacchan leaning against a lamppost.

"K-kacchan!" I wiped away the tears I didn't even realize were flowing out of my eyes, and he simply rolled his eyes at me.

"Damn nerd. I was here for five minutes listening to you mumble and cry like a baby." He said, and I felt warm blood rush to my cheeks.

"I-I-I'm sorry... But what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I heard someone creeping around so I decided to investigate after you left the damn door cracked open. What else would you think, dumbass?"