3: Chance

"My heart, it will be open and I'll try to give it"

-----------------------

I could hear the wind fill the insides of my ears, and the loud stamping of my feet on the sidewalk as I rushed down to the woods on UA's grounds early in the dewy morning. I could shake the thought of Uraraka mooching up to Kacchan in the kitchen thinking no one could hear them or was watching... Then again, maybe its weird that I was watching.

As I journeyed further into the woods, using my phone as a flashlight in the darkened morning, All Might was there leaning against a tree, waiting for me.

"Young Midoriya!" He called out smiling. I slowed my pace and attempted to catch my breath.

"'Morning All Might!" I cheerfully replied, flexing my wrists and sliding on the gloves Hatsume made for me. I knew today we were going to practice Air Force shots, and maybe a couple techniques for Shoot Style.

"I think I told you but today I want to give you some more pointers on Air Force, along with trying to increase its power. Think you can handle it?" He asked, and I nodded, determined to get stronger and better at controlling my power.

After practicing with a few targets All Might set up, I somehow unconsciously released black whip, and it wasn't as spiraled put of control as it was when I first unlocked it, but it certainly scared the both of us. I was left in shock.

"Midoriya, I need you to calm down..." All Might tried to approach me carefully as I was stunned sitting on the ground, my head flooded with a tornado of feelings and thoughts. Black Whip swirled in a black and green circular mess around me, and my hand was shaking from the control I lost. My headspace was cloudy.

Finally, everything stopped when All Might rested a hand on my shoulder and I snapped out of my trance. Black whip.began to settle down and finally retreat.

"Midoriya... What got you so angry?" I remembered that Black Whip was first triggered by my anger, and it made me feel a bit embarrassed that my emotions were revealed by my quirk.

"Oh uh... Its nothing! Im sorry! I was just super hyper focused and-"

"Is something bothering you?" All Might interjected and I thought for a moment with my head down.

Yeah, somethings bothering me. I'm bothering me. I let such a crucial thing slip past my fingers and have been hiding the regret since that day by the water fount-

"How about we talk about it, hm?" I just dropped my head a bit in reply, feeling defeated that I let my emotions take over a training session. I guess All Might did make a good call; I was physically tired after running One For All on a bit of an overtime job.

Even though I was tired, out of respect I can't just vent to All Might about my love issues! Get a grip, Izuku!

"I-I... It's fine! Just uh, school and stuff, y'know? Im fine! Lets keep training!" My assurance is obviously pathetic and isn't convincing.

"Young Midoriya, you shouldn't overwork your body too much, even if you want to keep training. Lets go get a coffee or something, hm?" He suggested, and I wasn't going to be defeated again.

"Okay... But I'm paying!"

We exited the school grounds and silently walked down the street, the sun finally lighting up the once dark sky. I checked the time and it was 6:46. Hopefully I could make it back to the dorms before Class 1A freaks out and thinks I got kidnapped. Ever since the one- no, everything we've been through, everyone is usually on high alert.

"Uh, Young Midoriya?" All Might tapped on my shoulder I snapped my head up and realized I was rambling. I mentally face palmed at the bad habit.

"Aheh, sorry..." I chuckled a little and smiled and he smiled back. I realized then we were in front of a small coffee shop.

"What do you want, Midoriya?"

"I'll have a venti mocha frappucino with a nitro cold brew base, two pumps of caramel, three pumps of chocolate, topped with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle."

I finished my order smiling from ear to ear, happy that I could finally get the drink I wanted without somebody telling me I'm being too extra.

It was silent until All Might finally spoke.
"I'll have a black coffee, please."

We got our orders and I could tell All Might seemed a little weirded out by my drink, but personally I think its pretty good.

I follow him out the door as we walk out, contentedly sipping on our coffees. Im glad that All Might never brought up what I was so worried about, but I thought too soon.

"So... Care to explain what got you so angry, Young Midoriya?" I took a deep breath, knowing that maybe this is good I'm talking to All Might about my soulmate.

"Well... There's this person... And I figured out that I'm their soulmate... But I was too late when I thought I could muster up the courage and talk to them, but I was wrong. They have a girlfriend now, and its just making me upset."

The air was still and silent as we both stared down at our shadows that were walking with us.

"Soulmates are difficult, Young Midoriya... I lost mine because of my fame."

All Might lost his soulmate!?!

Now I'm curious but I need to hold my tongue.

"Your silence tells me that brain of your is racing. Look, it was a very long time ago, when I first started to get popular as a hero. A fangirl took my hand, and slipped a ring on it for it to crumble. I never found out who my soulmate was, but I wish the best for them. I wish the rings the soulmate also had didn't crumble and leave them soulmateless, especially over some mistake."

Wow... The former number one hero and Symbol of Peace lost his soulmate...

"Im so sorry All Might. That must be hard."

"It was difficult... But that doesn't matter. Young Midoriya, you still have a chance." He placed his hand on my shoulder, and his words were music to me.

"Your right, All Might... I haven't lost my chance. I have both rings and I will get my soulmate!" A look of determination spread across my face, and All Might chuckled.

"I wish the best of luck to you, Young Midoriya."

-------------------
Hiiii its that annoying, uncool, unpopular author again. Did ya miss me? Probably not. That's okay! Your here for the next chapter of this story, and I hope you enjoyed up to this point cuz... I havent even started or really have a plan for chapter 4.

All the ideas for this story swarm in my head, and luckily I just remember them and they come to fruition.

Also, I thought I would be able to cram in more details to make the chapters longer, but so far I havent been able to do so. Do you guys enjoy the shorter chapters? (I at least try to get them to around 1000 words)

Alright, I think this story is just going to be 50% authors note if I Dont stop now, so bye!