2: Awkward

"...He was in a hurry to be touching her skin, she's feeling kinda dirty when she's dancing with him..."

--------------------------

Another day at UA High, one of the most prestigious schools in Japan for young heroes to live out their dreams... Well, some of them.

I plopped down on the couch in the common room, turning on the TV hoping to see something good. My channel-flipping was interrupted by my best friend and my childhood-friend caressing each other in their embraces not too far away in the kitchen. It made me sick.

Truthfully, I was my childhood-friend, Katsuki Bakugo's, soulmate. I lost my opportunity to tell him years ago at our little hideout over by a water fountain.

After I lost my chance, he started being cold and distant, and eventually started dating my best friend, Ochako Uraraka. It was extremely awkward, but I had to pretend like I didn't care. It was like some sort of curse for me not admitting my love to my soulmate.

I turned my attention back to the TV so they wouldn't be suspicious, but then again, I'm not the one pinning my soulmate to a wall and staring seductively-

Okay, I need to stop.

Since there's nothing good on TV, I turn it off and trudge off to my dorm, feeling nothing but sorrow and regret.

I plopped down on my bed, reminding myself that its my fault I got to watch Uraraka toy with Kacchan. My grieving was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Oh, hey Uraraka!" I put on my fakest smiles, and she bought it.

"Hey Deku! You uh... You looked really upset before when I was... Talking with Kats- I mean, Bakugo. Is everything okay?" She asked. "Uh, yeah, everything's fine! Just nothing good on TV, thats all!" At least I wasn't technically lying.

"Oh, uh... Okay!" She nervously smiled, turned her heel, and went to her dorm. Ever since she started dating Kacchan, shes been really awkward especially towards me.

I shut the door and once again buried my face in my pillow. I need to get over this, I kept telling myself in my head. He's got a girlfriend. Its too late.

I laid there just thinking until I finally drifted off to sleep.

"Momma, tell me the soulmate story again!"

"Izuku, I've told you so many times. Your just as addicted to that story as you are to All Might!"

I brought out the puppy eyes and begged her until she sighed and gave in.

"Alright... Once, very long ago in Japan, in ancient times, there was a legend about a man who had powers before Quirks, like he had a special gift from the Gods or he was one himself. His power was to help people find their soulmates, and he was quite particular on how he did so.

He manifested two rings out of thin air, and people with their children came in and out each day, until almost every single child, rich or poor, had two rings.

Alas, this man would usually only give two rings to the more timid soulmate in a group, and nobody knew the reason of why he did so. Most think its because he wants people to have a sense of confidence, but I guess it'll remain a mystery... For now."

We both giggled and she booped my little nose.

"Sadly, this lead to many people never finding their soulmate, unless they were a confident or outspoken person to receive the rings, or finally spoke to their soulmate. Many people accidentally had others tell the other soulmate, but that's cheating in the spirit of the powerful man, so the rings would crumble if the soulmates were revealed "incorrectly".

So remember Izuku, dont let anyone know about your soulmate if you get the rings, and Dont ever, ever, ever, give one ring to another person."

It pains me to know why she said that. Why she always warned me when she was done with the story.

Mom is now soulmateless because she was forced to put the ring on the wrong person.

"I won't ever, ever, ever! In the name of All Might!" I was now standing on my bed, copying a pose on one of my All Might posters, in my All Might onesie. Mom just giggled and pulled back the covers and I laid down. I always lost so much energy from being so excited.

"Goodnight, Birthday Boy."

" 'Night, Momma."

The next morning, I got the rings under my pillow.

I gasped for air as I woke up, like I was holding a breath in the entire time I slept. It was early in the morning, and thank goodness I could see the sun, otherwise I would've went back to sleep and missed training with All Might because I forgot to set my alarm.

I quickly changed into a t-shirt and some shorts, attempted to tame my messy hair but ended up breaking the comb, and after giving up I just decided to slip on my shoes and leave.

-----------------------

I hate pretending this is going to be a long story. I just suck at fillers.

I wanted to finally write a story that was going to be over 15 chapters, but this story seems like its gonna be about 5-10.

That's not making me happy and I can't do anything about it cuz the story is already set n stone in my head ;-;

One day I will write a longer story!

...maybe.

As usual, please vote if your enjoying the story so far!