New Coach, New Team, New Enemies

Lyla Mitchell's POV

It was an average Friday at the local hockey equipment store I helped at. I wasn't old enough to work there yet, but my mom helps own the place and already secured me a job there once I come of age. I still helped customers, I just didn't get payed, which was a bummer.

I was stocking some shelves when I heard a bunch of chaos at the front of the store. I looked over and instantly sighed. It was district 5, whom I guess were getting new gear. I tried to stay out of site, but my mother saw me and called me over.

"Hey Lyla, do you mind helping those kids over there?" She asked, pointing to district 5 running around and making a mess.

"I do mind." I said, only to be shut down by my mother.

"Nonsense, just go over there and help them." She said more sternly.

"Mom, please don't make me, their a bunch of weirdo's!" I exclaim as a look in disgust over at them.

"How about this. If you help them I'll pay you. Is that a deal?" She negotiated. I sighed and agreed, walking over to the group as they were picking up random things and trying them on.

"You know there's change rooms, right?" I say in a bored tone as they all turn to look at me.

"I knew I could smell something," Charlie said as he chuckled.

"Im surprised you could smell me through your own BO, Conway." I shot back with a smirk. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"You know this is like stalking, right? did you see us and follow us in here or something?" He said. I just laughed at him and continued.

"Honey, I work here, don't flatter yourself." I say, walking away.

"Then aren't you supposed to ask if we need help?" Charlie says as I turn around. I walked back over to him, as his other team members ran around the store.

"Well, do you?" I ask.

"Sort of. I need to find new gloves."

"Well ok. Do you have any brand in mind and what's your  glove size before?" I ask. He looked confused before saying. "What do you mean brand? I just need gloves." He said, looking at me like I was crazy. I just sighed. This is gonna be a long day.

I grabbed Charlie's hand and placed his palm on mine, which startled him as he quickly took his hand back.

"Yuck! All ready in love with me, Mitchell? I mean I know I'm irresistible, but I'll never date you." He says, holding his hand like I gave him a shock.

"You wish Conway. And get over yourself, I was just seeing you hand size on mine so we can start somewhere." I say tiredly, obviously fed up with him. He looked a little embarrassed before saying "oh" and giving me his hand back. I repeated the action and put his palm on mine. I noticed His finger tips hovered over mine as we sat in silence for a moment.

" almost done, loser?" His asks as I snap out of my daze. I ignored his question and skimmed through the row of gloves till I found ones I think will fit.

"Bingo!" I say. "Ok here we go, try these on." I hand him the gloves as he tries them on.

"Yeah, I guess these fit." he says mumbling.

"Perfect! Does that mean you'll be leaving now?" I say hopefully, not liking how close of a vicinity I was with this weirdo.

"I don't thinks so." He says smirking. " I still need new skates, stick, knee pads, and everything else." He says back. I groaned loudly and prepared for this terrible evening.