Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Nicole awoke slowly, her senses coming to life. Peeling her eyes open, she noticed something different about the room. Looking around, she saw that it was the same as she had left it last night. The beautiful view of Greece waiting for her outside. A stirring triggered an alarm inside her head, gradually turning, she saw her husband Marcus lying on his side with his thick, brown arm draped across her waist. Clamping down on her lower lip, she watched as the morning sun streamed through the window, highlighting Marcus' hard planes and gorgeous face. He slept with his bare chest, only a pair of boxers hiding away the evidence of morning arousal. Carefully not to wake him, Nicole placed her hand on his and raised it away from her. A yawn escaped her lips, rubbing her eyes, she made her way to the bathroom. With the heated argument last night, it certainly did make her tired and did not even notice that her husband had made himself right at home and even contemplated to sleep in the same bed as her. Shaking the fog aside, she reached for her conditioner and shampoo, and stepped inside the shower room.

An hour later, she was dressed in a pair of denim shorts and an overlarge T-shirt that she was given for her birthday, the top tied around the waist. With her hair down and still slightly damp, she grabbed a pan and some saucers out to cook breakfast, she knew it was better to order room service but the comforting feeling of cooking settled her nerves. She was just halfway through the bacon when a rustling emerged from the room and it didn't take a professional to know that her husband was finally awake. Ignoring him, she placed two eggs on each plate along with some bacon and toasts.  Nicole turned around and finally faced her husband, looking raggedy and sexy with his morning hair and a five o' clock stubble, Marcus sat down on one of the stool that faced the counter and gave her a smile. The type of smile that would melt your bones; gradually, a corner lifting up in a sensual grin that showed full white teeth.

She swallowed, reminding herself that this was the same man who had continuously to hurt her, deliberately. Without a greeting, she laid the food in front of them and tucked in. It wasn't long before her husband started to pick-up the conversation.

"Morning, sweetheart" he drawled, still not touching his food.

Too polite to stay quiet, "Hi," she said curtly.

"You're utterly quiet today." Marcus observed, propping a hand on his stubble chin.

"Just eat your food, will you?" Nicole said hotly.

"Not yet. Tell me princess, what's got you riling early in the morning?" he teased.

She stared at him, as if her husband had grown two large horns on his forehead. Did she just heard him tease her? Never in the last two years of knowing him had he ever did something bizarre and rather odd.

With a flat tone in her voice, she replied, "You. Now eat-up. You'll need your strength to get to the airport."

It was his turn to look at her with a

funny

look on his face, "What do you mean I need my strength to get to the airport?"

"You're leaving Marcus."

"Like hell I am!"

"Don't fight me in this. I've had enough of you being on my case all the time. I came here to relax and forget about the stressful things I have back home. I'll come back after a week, you don't need to stay with me here."

"I want to be here! Can't you get that through your thick skull?" her husband outraged, his cool and relaxed demeanor earlier fading away.

"No, you don't" she reasoned with a calm voice. "I'm here, therefore you feel obligated to look after me and tell me a bunch of lies just to make me feel better. Well, Marcus, tough luck. But it's not helping and so is your being here."