‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐨 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I don't think this flows well because I suck at writing fight scenes, but I've been wanting to get this chapter done for a really long time, so I don't really care. I'm excited to move on from this arc.

I went back and reread every. single. chapter. it wasn't so bad because my writing is a lot better than i thought it was, but still.

i omitted a few characters from the love interest board such as the minors, daki/gyutaro, and ozaki. if someone makes a case for why they think these characters should be on there, I'll reconsider.

This is the last of the Wattpad catch-up chapters. I published this one this morning!

(M/n): Mispronounced name

...

With every step you took through the sleepy train of flesh, more and more dread began to build inside your stomach, like a pot of boiling water about to spill over the side.

A flurry of multi-colored clouds mixed with bursts of scorching flames, shaving off the gruesome appendages that bubbled towards you and the other passengers slowly. You felt a bead of sweat dribble down the side of your face, mixing with the soot rising in the air.

"(Y/n)!" Kyojuro called over his shoulder, shaking the blood off his sword with a grin. "I'm going to advance to the next car!"

"Right!" You affirmed, chasing him through the train, slicing Enmu's flesh all along the way. There wasn't much in the way of conversation as the two of you fought, but you certainly felt a sense of comradery every time you worked together. It was nice, and it took your mind off of your partner's fate if even just for a moment.

Snarling, biting flames licked the walls of the car, choking you with suffocating smoke that smelt absolutely abhorrent. Bursts of beautiful rainbow clouds chased the heat, driving in illusions of lovely skies. You had to admit, you felt really fuckin' cool with your back to Rengoku's, fighting off evil-doers like Enmu.

"Rengoku!" You barked, slicing another tendril. "I'm advancing!"

"Affirmative!"

This was how it went every couple of minutes. You wondered how long it would take Inosuke, Tanjiro, and apparently Kokushibou to locate and sever the head of the demon.

The train rumbled violently, sending you stumbling on uneven footing into the fleshy walls. A shockwave of heat struck the car from somewhere in the distance, and with a start, you realized that they killed the demon. The beast screeched, and thick, fleshy arms began to sprout from the walls like they were frantically trying to save their host.

You choked as one of the limbs wrapped around your neck and started to squeeze. You brought your sword up to slash at it, but before you got the chance, a blitz of flames drilled by and sliced through every desperate appendage like a hot knife through butter.

"Are you alright?" Kyojuro asked, a little concerned.

"I'm fine!" You sputtered, shoving the slimy skin away from you. "Let's go! We have passengers to save!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself!"

The train derailed, bumping against gigantic explosions that you couldn't see. "Shit!" You cursed, Sheathing your sword in the blink of an eye. A woman was launched out of her seat, so you caught her in your arms. The world around you was rocking and rotating. Kyojuro was nothing but a vermillion blur against the commotion.