‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

i may have just taken the airbender training from legend of korra and put it into my story OOPS

...

Kokushibou, you learned, was a really good carpenter.

The box that he had made for himself was larger than Nezuko's, but not too much. It was light and durable, and it was visually appealing, too. There were carvings in the wood of clouds and stars. When you asked about it, he bashfully admitted that it was because your dad's jacket reminded him of the sky.

When he shrunk down for the first time, it was weird for both of you. He still had six eyes, but his middle eyes were slightly larger than the others. His clothes were too big for him, and his shoes clunked around when he walked. It was... kind of adorable.

When you tried lifting the Kokushibou box (ft. Kokushibou), it was light enough that you wouldn't struggle but heavy enough for you to build up muscle while you were out trying to find your way to this Piko lady's house.

You knocked gently on the side of the box. "All good in there, dude?"

He knocked back and hesitantly replied with "Poggers." You chortled obnoxiously and clutched your stomach. You might have taught him a thing or two about modern slang.

You could feel his confusion through the wood, but you waved it off. "Time to go, then. Let's hit the road, cool guy."

You stepped out of the shoji hesitantly. You were kind of worried, what if there was a hole in the wood? What if the hatch swung open? He was going to burn if that happened. But after a moment, you realized that you might have been overthinking it. You always tend to do that.

The clearing was just as beautiful as it was when you'd met Sanemi, but this time, the grass was twinkling with morning dew. Birds sang their early morning song, and the cicadas were beginning to wake up.

You breathed in the early morning air deeply, humming in content. It smelled just like home. The sky was still a little dark, and the sun was peeking groggily over the horizon, painting the sky in gentle shades of blue-to purple oils. It was stunning.

The mountain, you soon found out, was a lot farther than you initially expected. It looked so close in the distance, but it was just because of the sheer size of the beast. Your legs were aching as you trekked through the forest. It felt like there were trees for miles and miles; in fact, you hadn't left the forest yet since you departed, and the sun was beginning to set. On the bright side, Kokushibou might be able to come out of his box. If he wanted to, that is. It was probably dangerous if powerful slayers like Sanemi were lurking around.

"Hey, Kokushibou?"

No response. You stopped walking, worriedly peering over your shoulder as if you'd be able to see him that way. "Kokushibou?" Once again, no response. You could vaguely hear gentle snores, though, so you assumed he was asleep. Relieved, you smiled and turned back around. Then you began to walk again, then you paused, then you realized. Demons don't typically sleep. Not unless they're--

"You're... sleeping to regain energy?"

Of course, he didn't respond. He was asleep. A small grin found its way to your face. He wouldn't need to sleep to regain energy if he was keeping a balanced diet of, you know, humans. Now that you think about it, you never really smelled blood when he was around. You like to think you have a keen nose - not Tanjiro keen, but strong, as in your family liked to use you to sniff out the rotten food in the fridge - so you definitely would've smelled blood if he actually went hunting.