‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

im so sorry but so much of this chapter is just tsugikuni brain rot

...

The courtyard was silent.

Well, as silent as a courtyard could be.

Wind chimes trilled quietly in the distance, water trickled down rocks in mini waterfalls, and the occasional somber song of the night owl would flit through the trees.

It was a beautiful night.

Your bare toes tingled against the well-trimmed grass that swayed with the gentle breeze. The bells on your earrings jingled jovially, along with the subtle music of the night. The sounds of the bells tickling your ears with their chime.

Fireflies replaced the butterflies that once fluttered through the clearing during the daytime, bobbing stars among the beautiful hydrangeas.

You wished you could catch them as you did as a child; however, you were in too much pain to frolic the clearing like a naïve fawn.

A shiver raked down your spine, electrifying your veins: all the way to your fingertips. An icy cloud puffed out of your mouth and dissolved into the night.

"Yoriichi."

All ghosts had a unique presence. Just as a face was distinguishable through certain minuscule features, a presence was special to each individual ghost.

Yoriichi's was like calming waves, lapping against rocks that jutted from the ocean, or rays of sunshine peeking through thick fog.

"Good evening, (Y/n)."

He took a seat next to you. His arm brushed against yours like the feeling of powdery snow.

His eyes were lifeless and empty, trained solely on the fireflies trapezing through the air.

"How are you faring?"

He briefly gestured to your wrappings with a nod of his head.

"I'm still alive, so that's nice, I think."

He nodded, casting his gaze to the stars in the sky.

You followed his eyes and sighed quietly.

"Orion is out tonight."

He blinked, then shifted to gaze down at you. "What's that? O-rai-yen?" You giggled quietly at his pronunciation and shook your head. "No, Orion. He's one of the constellations up there." You lifted your finger as if you could trace lines into the stars.

"The three consecutive stars are the tell-tale characteristics. Then, the diamond that forms his torso." Yoriichi watched the sky with wonder like a curious child. "His club, his bow, and his lion's pelt," you uttered, drawings imaginary lines with your hand.

Subconsciously, you rested your head on his shoulder, completely enamored by the sky's pointillism. He was cold, yet somehow he provided the comfort that you had been craving ever since your altercation with Obanai. While a little taken aback, he relaxed against you.