‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐈𝐜𝐞 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

mc finally acknowledges her trauma: the chapter

mc is a fucking idiot: the musical

mc please get a therapist and a brain: the saga

The night was ending, and the sun would rise in only an hour or so, but that didn't stop you from wandering out of the Wisteria house to feel the cold wind dragging across your face. It was a nice feeling, it tousled your hair and drew lines across your fresh clothes. You smiled and sniffed the air. It smelled like spring.

You originally left the Wisteria house to follow a calling of sorts. It was faint and soft, but it tugged you along like a fish on a hook. You followed it through the garden and into the forest out of bounds of the wisteria petals. You clutched your sword tightly.

A pond. It dragged you to a pond. It was frozen over, weirdly enough, and it seemed to be calling for you.

You knelt down and pressed your fingers to the ice. It was real, you noted breathlessly, but how? It was nearing the end of spring.

The wind picked back up and blew through your hair.

"Dance with me, will you?"

You slowly looked up. His eyes were a prism of colors, his hair was a tornado of gold, and his skin was as pale as the moonlight.

Douma.

You should have been scared, but you weren't. He tilted his head, he was really beautiful. You slowly stood back up and took his hand. "Are you the reason the pond is frozen over?" He nodded silently, his smile a reflection of the calm yet deadly atmosphere. "That's quite the power." He lead you onto the ice. You were scared that you would slip. Of course, you were once a figure skater, but the shoes that you wore weren't exactly anything like skates.

You tightened your hold on his shoulder and his hand. He chuckled quietly.

You didn't fall once. The dance was lovely, something you hadn't ever really experienced before. You never skated with partners. He hadn't spoken once, something you didn't expect considering he was very chatty in the manga, but he was surprisingly nice company. You wanted to believe that his smile wasn't fake.

He lifted you up and twirled you around. You giggled. You felt carefree like you were flying. It was really, really nice. You almost forgot who the man who took your hand was until you saw his fangs poke out of his mouth. He was smiling at you. When wasn't he smiling? No, this smile seemed at least a little bit real.

"You're very talented, Douma. How many times have you taken young women out to a pond to skate?"

He laughed again. "Not many. However, I wanted to meet the one who stole the heart of the fearsome Upper Moon 1 away." The first thing he'd said all evening and it had to ruin the entire mood. Your smile fell, and his widened.

"So that means that Muzan knows, too, then?"

He simply nodded. "Of course he does. He knows everything." He twirled you around once more before swooping you back into his embrace. "He wants you dead," his face fell into a playful pout. "But I don't want him to kill such a pretty girl."

When the dance ended, he held you in the center of the pond. The moonlight dressed his face in exquisitely pale colors, dripped off of his hair like liquid stars. He was so pretty.