- Author's Note -

Trigger Warning: This story can be dark, bloody, filled with gore and has hints of suicide. Proceed with caution! 

Hii~ Hello, my fellow readers, it's me again! Back with another heart-breaking story to tell. And this time, it's about our favorite ginger boy, none other than Childe himself! And boy, do I got a roller-coaster prepared for y'all. 

As of late I've come to realize, this must definitely be my first time I'm writing a psychological angst story, so I hope it isn't bad. If there are mistakes, plot holes in the story or anything at all, please let me know in the comments. I'd like to know what you guys think about the story!

I had a dream about Childe where he found me while I was running away from someone that was stalking me in a huge never-ending mansion. He saved me, I guess, and I was grateful. Then I thought to myself, has Childe ever suffered anything at all since he wields a Fatui Delusion? Does he ever get nightmares or trouble sleeping at night? Does Childe ever struggle with some strange side effects of using a Delusion before? What will happen to him if he does? All of these questions, have they ever been answered by Hoyoverse before? So I thought that by writing a fanfic, I'll be able to have these questions be told to the public and maybe some of my fellow readers will have theories of their own as well. I'm excited now!

When it comes to Childe, I've always felt that he's just so misunderstood. Not just as a villain, but as an individual. Sure he did do a ton of unforgivable things - trying to kill the traveler, attempting to drown a nation by summoning it's own fallen God from the ocean and basically wreaking havoc wherever he goes. He is from the Fatui and it's pretty obvious that he has a reason for the things that he does, thus making him look a like a total scumbag. Then again, he never actually had a choice since the beginning, being forced to fight for his life as a kid. Childe has done so much just so he could earn himself a living, protect his family and also fulfill the will of the Tsaritsa all at the same time. The dedication he has to stick to his own principles and not be led astray is just amazing in of itself. But at the end of the day, Childe may or may not lose his shit and start going out of control. What's going to happen then? Will he be killed off just like Signora? In my opinion, Childe is just someone that's been the Cryo Archon's puppet for so long, it's gonna take a whole friggin' lot of therapy to save this poor dude. Childe isn't always that friendly, happy, bubbly person that so many people often think he is. Keep in mind, he has been in the Fatui ever since he was strong enough to be acknowledged by the Cryo Archon, so you can already tell the horribly and traumatizing things he has to do with his own hands. It doesn't matter how disgusting or how cruel the task is, Childe knew he had no choice but to endure it for the sake of his mission. And the fact that he's the youngest Harbinger amongst the others, Childe also has to use ways and means just so he could rise up in rank and power within the Fatui. After what he has went through, the things that is normally considered wicked and evil by normal people are already pretty common when it comes to him. 

He needs a hug and all the love in the world, that's what matters. <33

Anyways, I hope you'll like the story then! 

Disclaimer: 

Copyright of this story is illegal! I do not Genshin Impact, nor any of the characters that are used here. I also do not own the pictures used, all credits go to their rightful owners. 

Story Soundtrack Playlist: 

1. CHANGGWI - Singyeo 

2. SHINIGAMIBUYOU - Kodokulove

3. BEAUTY - Layto

4. REVENGE AND A LITTLE MORE - Unlike Pluto

5. BREATHE - Fluerie

6. CAROL OF THE BELLS - Lindsey Sterling

7. PLAY WITH FIRE - Sam Tinnesz ft Yacht 

8. STORM - Ruelle 

9. GASOLINE - Halsey

10. HEART BY HEART - Demi Lovato 

11. BEAUTIFUL CREATURE - Miia

12. AFTER DARK - Mr.Kitty (slowed + reverb)