➉ ❝ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ❞ ↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ ❀

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆
╰┈➤ "𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆! 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒕!"

The whole dugout tension dropped, upon hearing the umpires final call. Sawamura dragged himself back, sulking at his third strikeout of the game.

"Don't mind Eijun!" He was pat on the back by the younger Kominato, trying his best to cheer up his idiot friend. Kuramochi took off his right batting glove, keeping the left one on as he slipped his in-field mitt on. The shortstop hurried across the gravel, finding his spot just in between second and third, a little bit of determination in his eyes.

He kicked the dirt around, adjusting his feet to remain balanced and ready. The ball was going to come his way, and he knew it. Something about this particular day felt different for him. He felt good, his focus was on point, his legs felt light, and his eyes were sharp.

Their first batter didn't get jammed by their ace, only able to make it to first base before being stopped by Tetsuya.

Tanba wound up, getting ready to throw his first strike. All of the in-field and out-field prepared themselves, standing on their toes. The runner on first took a few steps off the base.

"Strike one!" The umpire called, letting the fielders let go of their collective held breaths. The runner stepped back, watching Miyuki's sharp gaze. Tanba wound up once more.

"Strike two!" Kuramochi felt the muscles in his legs and arms tighten, knowing any second the ball could be hit his way. Tanba however, wasn't going to let that chance come to light.

"Strike three! Batter out!" The whole stadium cheered, watching as the poor batter walked back to the dugout in shame. The short stop clapped his glove, congratulating Tanba for his first strikeout of the inning.

'Just two more outs now.'

The air changed when the third batter stood at the plate, grinning at the ace pitcher. Tanba became uneasy, and his teammates all picked up on the strange vibes.

He was going to hit.

Tanba pulled the ball back, getting ready to release. Hoping to jam the batter, but having his hopes crushed as the batter made contact right on the sweet spot of his bat. A line drive heading straight toward shortstop.

SLAP!

The ball as caught midair, sitting tightly in Kuramochi's glove. If he'd reacted just a second too late, it would have resulted in a black eye and him having to sit out the whole game. It wasn't over though, as the runner from before made the mistake of going all the way to second.

With everyone still stunned, Kuramochi jumped into the air, throwing the ball straight to Tetsuya, tagging the runner out just in time.

"A double play done by no other than Seidou's shortstop!" The announcer overhead exclaimed, large cheering erupted from the stadium. Screaming and clapping from all over, but Kuramochi didn't care about them. None of that mattered to him anymore.

His eyes scanned the crowd for a few seconds, before they finally landed on her. She was standing up, screaming and waving as loud as she could, which he knew was just for him.

He watched her with a soft smile as he walked back to the dugout, affectionate feelings brewing in his heart. He felt the warm summer air fill his lungs, ushering in a new season.

Spring had finally come to an end.

╰┈➤ EDITED

••• ┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ☆