"Love hurts" ~ Oliver Wood (pt. 2)

Two and a half years had gone by since the day that Oliver had left. The day that he broke y/n with those few words he said before walking out. Life was hard for the first few weeks as y/n was adjusting to life without him. Meanwhile, Oliver had found someone new about a year into being away. 

However, no matter how hard he tried his thoughts always went back to y/n. How happy she made him. The memories, the smiles, the laughs, late nights and more that they shared together. The relationship he found while he was away did not last more than a few months as he was not truly happy in it. Back at home y/n had taken a break from love and dating since her heart was still stuck on Oliver. The two really are soulmates and their hearts know it. Deep down, no matter how hard they both tried, their minds always drifted back to one another. In y/n's heart and mind it was always Oliver. In Oliver's heart and mind it was always y/n. Everyone around them, everyone who knew them could tell that the two belonged together. The pair were perfect for one another and they fit each other perfectly.

This leads us to present day on a cold winter day. It just so happen to be New Year's Eve. Oliver was home for a while to spend the holidays with family and he decided to go by and see y/n. Yes he may have broken up with her but he still wanted to see her and talk. So off he set to her home. Meanwhile, y/n was in the kitchen finishing up with a cleaning. She had family over so she was up late this night to clean. When she was finished the clock read 11:30 pm. 'Huh, I didn't realize it was this late' she thought to herself when there was a knock at the door. Y/n slowly walked over to the door with caution and opened it. On the other side stood Oliver, with the same smile she remebered. "Oliver? what are you doing here" she asked after she had let him inside. "I came to talk, I made a huge mistake when I broke up with you." Oliver stated. 

"No matter what I do, my thoughts always come back to you. So erm, what I'm trying to say is I want to try us again? if you're willing" he continued with a hopeful look on his face. Y/n sat there processing his words before answering. "I must admit it did hurt when you left but I haven't stopped thinking about you since that day either. So yes Oliver, I'm more than willing to try us again. I want you back" she answered which caused Olivers face to raidiate happiness. Behind y/n he noticed the clock now read 11:59 pm. "Well, shall we celebrate with a new years kiss darlin'?" Oliver asked and y/n laughed a bit while smiling. She missed that nickname that he called her. She then got closer and wrapped her arms around his neck while he put his arms around her waist. The two leaned in and their lips connected. It felt so right to both of them. As they pulled away a big smile was on both of their faces. 

(You guys seriously thought I would leave it with a sad ending?)

Bonus:

It had been a few years since the day Y/n and Oliver had gotten back together. Ever since then the two of them were extremely happy and they had gotten married. Now today was the day of one of Oliver's quidditch games. His team raced out onto the pitch while Oliver flew over to the stands to Y/n. "Hi darlin'" Oliver said before placing a kiss on her lips "Hey! what about me" a little voice said. "Sorry princess" oliver said before placing a kiss on the little girls forehead. That little girl was Amelia Wood, the daughter of you and Oliver. Soon Oliver went off to his team to start the game. The whole time you could hear your daughter cheering on Oliver proudly to see him playing. Everyday she got to see him play was the best since you got to see her eyes light up seeing him as she looked up to him. It was the same for Oliver when both of you got to see him play, after every point he helped get he would look over to the two of you with a smile and would see Amelia jumping up and down with excitement. After every game, Amelia would run up to him while giggling as he placed her onto his shoulders before placing a kiss on your lips. "You were so cool out there daddy!" Amelia would exclaim after every game before going on and on about all the wonderful things she saw during the game.