xi.

A/N | i normally don't do this, but i wrote "it's supposed to be followed by 'die'" somewhere, but please read it like the last part in eddie's name and not like 'die' as in dead or anything !!

MONDAY, MARCH 24TH 1986 | LIPTON BOAT HOUSE

edward 'eddie' munson woke up and realised he was holding a petite, feminine blonde. the twenty year old looked down and noticed it was melissa he was holding. he looked at her eyes, which were closed, and concluded she was still sleeping. as he tried to free himself, the blonde stirred, but he eventually put her down on the floor while removing his jacket and laying it under her head without waking her up.

the curly-haired got up and looked outside, seeing the sky had become dark. he looked at his watch and was somehow shocked it was already ten thirty in the evening. they had both slept for almost an entire day, which was quite normal, seeing how tired they were of constantly having to hide. he looked around in the room and felt his throat getting dry. looking at the blonde, who was still sleeping, eddie decided to take the risk of going back to reefer rick's house, more specifically his garage and left on his tiptoes, in hopes of not waking the blonde.

he walked carefully and silently out of the boat house, headed for reefer rick's garage. he looked around and opened a couple of wardrobes. as he finally found what he was looking for, he took it and walked out of the garage again, sneaking into the boat house. he saw melissa still sleeping on his jacket and as he closed the door to outside, the girl woke up.

"eddie?" she asked as she wiped her eyes.

"sorry, did i wake you?" he immediately apologised.

melissa stood up while shaking her head and then noticed the jacket.

"what, uh... why's your jacket on the floor?" melissa asked as she pointed at it.

"oh, uh, i went to get something, but you were sleeping on my shoulder and i thought you didn't want your hair to get dirty by the floor and so i laid my jacket under your head", explained eddie as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"oh", the girl let out, "thanks."

eddie smiled awkwardly and that's when melissa noticed the bottle in eddie's hands. she pointed at it and asked him where he'd found it.

"reefer rick's garage", eddie simply replied.

"you went back to the house?" the girl immediately shot awake and looked at eddie with a worried look on her face.

eddie hesitated to say anything. he realised going back to the house wasn't the best thing and he could've come up with something better if he'd just waited a couple of seconds before replying.

"i... i was thirsty and..."

"i don't care if you were thirsty, going back to the house was a stupid move!" melissa stated, "what's in the bottle anyway? and how late is it?"

"ten thirty-five and this, my lady, is the last bottle of whisky i could find. might as well drink it, isn't it?" eddie replied.

melissa hesitated for a moment, but then thought screw it and the two of them went to sit on the boat. eddie opened the bottle and he took a swig. he passed melissa the bottle and she did the same, only, her gulp was a bit bigger.

"hey, eddie?" she asked him as she took another swig, "do you think we'll ever see sean and wayne again? like, in plain sight, not just in secret?"

"i don't know", eddie replied as he took the bottle out of melissa's hands, "i want to say yes, but, honestly, i think i'd be lying then."