vii.

!!! TW MENTIONS OF DEATH CAUSED BY CANCER !!!

SATURDAY, MARCH 21ST 1986 | LIPTON HOUSE

"still want to write that letter?" asked eddie.

"i have to. my dad has to know the truth and i'm not sure i'll be seeing him any time soon to tell him in person", explained melissa.

eddie nodded and sat down on the couch next to melissa, watching as she flipped through the pages. suddenly, he noticed how far melissa had to go through the notebook to find an empty page she could start writing the letter on. deciding not to mention it, eddie stayed silent and watched as melissa started writing the opening of the letter. soon enough, melissa stopped writing and looked at eddie.

"you mind?" she asked.

eddie immediately stood up as he nodded and left the living room, on his way to the boat house to find anything that might help them live their life until they could reach out to dustin. meanwhile, melissa wrote her letter, explaining the whole situation to her dad. making sure she made it clear her father could not show the letter to the police, melissa ended the letter by telling him how much she loved him and her name. thinking eddie might want to write something to his uncle, she went to search him in the house, not knowing eddie was in the boat house.

"eddie!" she shouted through the house, but no reaction whatsoever.

as she walked up the stairs, the blonde heard the back door open. thinking it was someone who was not supposed to know she and eddie were there, the blonde rushed to the room she slept in last night and searched for something she might be able to attack the mystery person with. looking in every closet, the girl found nothing handy. carefully walking out of the bedroom and looking for the bathroom, melissa searched for anything that could help her attack the mystery person and to her luck, she found a razor.

"this'll have to do", she muttered, planning to attack mystery person by cutting him.

hearing footsteps on the stairs, melissa looked around in the bathroom once again and found a book about different kinds of guns. picking it up, she came up with the plan to attack mp with the book first and then cut them.

the doorknob turned and melissa stood ready to attack the person who could walk in any second now. as the door opened and a head appeared, melissa hit it with the book hard enough so the person fell on their back. in her attack modus, melissa didn't bother to look who the person was and sat on them, legs on either side so she was straddling them.

"melissa! melissa, it's me! chill the fuck out!" the person yelled.

melissa recognised the voice and as she realised the person she was straddling was eddie, she repeatedly apologised.

"oh, my god, eddie! i'm so sorry! i'm so so sorry! i thought you were someone else", the blonde gaped.

"doesn't matter. i'd honestly react the same. though, i don't think i'd be straddling my attacker", smirked eddie.

melissa realised she was still holding eddie down by her straddling and immediately got up, letting eddie stand up. as she stretched out her hand to help him up, eddie accepted it and she pulled him up from the ground.

"damn, you're strong", eddie complimented as he now towered over the girl.

"i've been raised by just my dad since i was thirteen years old. and before that, i always helped out with the things my mom couldn't. carrying heavy things, lifting heavy things so my dad could do things beneath it, all that stuff", explained melissa.

eddie nodded and noticed the book in melissa's hands.

"you do any fighting? it was a pretty hard punch coming from-"