v.

SATURDAY, MARCH 22ND 1986 | FOREST HILLS TRAILER PARK

the police cars drove on the trailer site at seven am. police men surrounded the munson house and one of them walked towards wayne munson, who was still processing what he saw.

"mister munson," the police officer greeted, "where is she?"

wayne pointed briefly to his front door and said, "i just found her there. i swear, i don't even know her name. i never seen her 'fore."

the police officers could hear he was upset and handled it with a perfectly calm voice.

"just calm down and stay back", an officer named powell said.

as he and a colleague walked inside, they inspected chrissy's dead body. putting on their gloves, the police photographer walked inside and did his job. as powell's colleague callahan looked around in the house, trying to look for clues of the murder, powell himself made a call.

after almost an hour of searching for clues (they hadn't found any), the police decided to go back to the station and wait for a golden tip to arrive. letting callahan go first, powell took a last check around and looked at the ground to watch his step. only, he didn't look at his feet that long. as his eyes were looking at the ground, he saw a photograph.

"hey, powell, you comin'?" callahan questioned.

powell crouched down and picked up the photo, seeing a young blonde girl and a somewhat older woman. was this maybe her mother?

"powell, whatcha got there?" callahan noticed.

"i think we found our clue", powell stated.

he walked out the house and walked over to wayne munson, ready to question him about the photo.

"never seen 'em in my life. though, the blonde looks familiar", hesitated wayne, "hold up. wait a damn minute."

powell didn't understand wayne's reaction and gave him a questionable look. as if something clicked in wayne's mind, he started pointing into the sky, realising who the girl was.

"if i'm right, the girl in this pic is my neighbour. if i'm right, that's melissa fletcher", deadpanned wayne.

powell looked at callahan, who shrugged and they thanked him. they both walked over to the fletcher's house. as they knocked on the door, sean opened it and greeted the police officers.

"are you sean fletcher, father of melissa fletcher?" powell asked.

"yeah, what's this about?" sean responded with an uncertain look on his face.

"we suspect your daughter might've taken part in a murder."

~

SATURDAY, MARCH 22ND 1986 | DUSTIN'S HOUSE

as dustin and his mum were watching the news, the doorbell rang. the boy jumped up and opened the door, revealing a very worried max mayfield. he let her inside and max began telling the story about the cops being at the munson's and now fletcher's. after her explanation, dustin asked her a question.

"chrissy cunningham? you're sure it was chrissy?"

"yes, she was in her cheerleader outfit. the same thing she was in when i saw her with eddie and that blonde. well, before that blonde took off, but i'm pretty sure she went back", max spoke.

when dustin asked her if she told the cops about it, max immediately said no.

"no, but i... i can't be the only one who saw them together, i mean, they stood out", max replied.