viii.

SATURDAY, MARCH 22ND 1986 | LIPTON BOAT HOUSE

as robin, steve, max and dustin made their way into the boat house, they looked around, seeing how messy the place was. steve saw the boat with the tarps on it and took an oar. he started hitting the tarps with it to see if there was anyone in it, but didn't feel a body.

"they might be in here", he said as dustin asked what he was doing.

"so take the tarp off", dustin pointed out as if it was the most obvious decision.

"if you're so brave, you take the tarp off", steve snapped.

he continued hitting the tarp, while max realised someone was in the boat house as she saw the smashed pieces of the beer bottle.

"maybe they got spooked and ran", robin suggested.

"don't worry", dustin said, "steve will get them with his oar."

still hitting the tarp, steve snapped at him.

"i know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, i don't find it funny in the slight-"

steve got cut off by eddie, who attacked him, thinking steve was here to catch eddie and bring him to the police. he pushed steve to the wall of the boat house and held his broken beer bottle against steve's neck with the sharp side against it.

"whoa, whoa, whoa, eddie! eddie! stop! eddie! eddie!", dustin yelled, "it's me. it's dustin. this is steve. he's not gonne hurt you, right, steve?"

"right, yeah", steve replied as he was still being held against the wall by eddie who looked at him with an untrusting look on his face.

trying to keep everyone calm, dustin suggested steve to drop the oar. steve did what he was asked and dropped the oar, but as a result, eddie threatened steve by pushing the broken bottle more into his neck.

"he's cool, he's cool", dustin voiced as he tried to get eddie to trust them.

"i'm cool, man. i'm cool", steve mumbled.

still not trusting the situation, eddie asked what they were doing here.

"we're looking for you. and melissa. do you know where she is?" dustin immediately answered.

"why do you need mel? how do you know her?" eddie asked, not at all trusting any of the four of them.

"we don't", dustin immediately replied, "we don't. we just know her name and how she looks, but we never talked to her. well, robin did, but that was just because she recognised melissa from a camp. we just want to talk to both of you, okay?"

eddie looked at the suspiciously. he still didn't trust anyone but dustin.

"we're here to help", robin said.

eddie looked at her, dustin and max, but nevertheless, kept steve pushed up against the wall.

"eddie, these are my friends", dustin tried, "you know robin, from band. this is my friend max. the one who never wants to play d&d. eddie. we're on your side. i swear on my mother! right, guys?"

everyone started agreeing with dustin and soon, eddie let go of steve. he walked away from him and called for melissa.

"mel? mel, come out."

the girl pulled the tarp off her body and greeted the four of them shortly, walked over to eddie since he was the only one she trusted. eddie fell to the ground, melissa soon following and dustin came over to talk to them. it was as if it hit eddie and melissa then. someone died. they were prime suspects.