Chapter 7.

Alex's POV:

Hey, cous, I have good news. I just spoke with Vincent and booked you an appointment today. One thing though. The appointment meeting starts in five hours. So get dressed and wash your hair and put on a little makeup - not that you aren't pretty already or anything. But look presentable. Who knows maybe he could be the one. (Smiley face). Also, blow this off and I'll kill ya.
Bye.
Love, Ivory.

The threat was mostly why I took the meeting seriously. One thing about Ivory was that she never made empty threats. Also, there was no need to meet this Vincent guy. I kinda got the situation under control. He is just going to see me as a lunatic when I tell him what's going on. And he's going to see me more of lunatic when I walk in the room with Death himself.

"Why didn't you dress up like Ivory wanted?" Darian said, breathing down my neck. I placed the phone back into my pocket and sighed.

"Could you stop breathing down my neck?"

"Sure." He lifted.

"Because, it's a therapy meeting not a blind date." I snapped. I've had enough of blind dates in my life. Enough to make me realise there was nothing like the one.

A pair of blue baggy jeans and a white shirt was enough for therapy.

"Hey, Darian?"

"Mm?"

"I want to go in alone. Could you wait out here?" He stared at me seriously, but calmly eased up with a light smile. "Okay." Was it just me or was Darian getting nicer by the day? It's been long since he tried to kill me and I'm starting to get worried.

"Okay then." I suspiciously moved to the door and tilted my head to the side, seeing his smile get wider. His red eyes glister. Okay something is definitely wrong.

I shrug with a reciprocal smile then entered to meet the infamous Vincent.

Unsurprised to see that Ivory was right, like always. Vincent, was a handsome man. A very very handsome man. I shook my head, remembering my vow and purpose for being here. I gripped my knees through the jeans and murmured to myself, "so what if he's hot."

"What was that?" I looked up to find him staring at me, hopefully he didn't hear me. "Nothing. Sorry." I shook my head again in embarrassment. "So you are Alex? I've heard a lot about you. A lot." He clarified.

"Yeah, Ivory has a big mouth so it'll be better if you don't listen to everything she says." He chuckled. He may take it as a joke but I hoped he didn't.

"I'm Vincent Brassard." Nice surname.

"Alex Marshall."

"I heard you are having hallucinations. How are they now?" He started. Very professional. "Better actually. It was nothing. Just...stress."

"Stress? Stress made you hallucinate?" Okay maybe I shouldn't have put it like that. But still how was I suppose to put it. This seemed more sane than, I live with Death.

I nodded and looked over my shoulder as I mumbled, "Babysitting Death is stressful." "What?" "I- um...sorry. Can I be honest with you right now?" I immediately said. He nodded. "I'm sure Ivory has already explained what I have been hallucinating," he hummed in confirmation. I took in a deep breath and huffed loudly. "Well that was-"

"Nothing and that you are okay? Yeah, I've heard that before. It depends on you whether you want to do this or not. Don't worry. I won't note this down if you don't want me too," he placed his notepad on his side table giving me a sincere and genuine smile. At least that's how it looked.