Chapter 1.

Narrator:

Clinging to the old worn out gold watch passed to him by his late friend, Carlos— with a surname he couldn't quite recall— Darian would remember the rip-roaring times he had spent with Carlos.

Smiling amusingly as, Kennedy, the man before him, screamed in pain and begged for his pathetic but needful life.

"Cut his tongue next," Gerard ordered, tilting his head to the left, to get a better view, as his men tore out Kennedy's tongue.

All you had to know about Gerard was that he was a terrible man who worked with some really dangerous people. Now these people dealt with drugs and Gerard, the torturing menace was an important distributor and he was really powerful in his field that no-one wanted to mess with him.

Until someone did...

All Darian had to do was wait till Kennedy was dead so he could take his soul to wherever it was suppose to go. But Gerard was taking his time to kill Kennedy, like he wanted the screams to last longer. He was savouring every part of it and smirking when Kennedy begged for his life...without his tongue that is. That was merciless yet amusing to a powerful being like Darian. All he had to entertain himself was the loud and sweet sound of screams Kennedy made as a result of his body being torn apart. For a being who didn't like to take part in tortures, he quite enjoyed Gerard's method. Plucking out fingernails to the last nail, and teeth to the last tooth. Cutting out his tongue and stabbing a knife through his legs, repeatedly.

A remarkable sight, he thought.

Kennedy used to be a wise man. Keeping his head down and his eyes closed when he saw something he wasn't suppose to see. He was almost set. Leaving a low and unnoticeable life, until he made one mistake. It wasn't a mistake many people made in this field. Fear of having to upset Gerard.

Taking a quick glance of the gold watch, Darian stood from his chair at the corner of the room that he used to watch the show.

It was a slow but painful torture. And Darian knew it was going to take a while before Kennedy died, with the pace Gerard was going.

"What made you think you could get away with sleeping with my wife?" Gerard groaned, holding the bloody knife in his hand. Carelessly, swinging it near his face.

Darian chuckled shortly then bent down to Kennedy's level. Staring deep into his eyes, almost seeing his dying and fractured soul, screaming for help. And begging to die right there and now. Kennedy's eyes had a simultaneous blend in it. It turned red with fury and fear at the same time. His body shook by the mere sight of Death before him but since he couldn't see Darian, he concluded that it was being tortured that scared.

His thoughts were divided in two. One part worried Irene, Gerard's wife, would be killed and the other part worried that he would be killed.

Lifting his body back up, Darian turned and walked toward the door. Throughout the whole torture, Darian remained silent. None of the men in the room could see him and even if he spoke they wouldn't be able to hear him either.

He wasn't dead and he wasn't alive also. He was just...there. Existing.

"Tear him lump from lump." Gerard ordered once more, grinning as his golden tooth shone.

That's what you get for working for drug dealers.

Darian smirked before exiting the small dark room with no windows to ventilate the small and hot room.

As he walked out of the warehouse, where Gerard tortured his disloyal men. The aura around Darian was so strong the easy wind began to blow violently, almost sounding angry. Every step he took in his one inch black leather shoe and black trench coat, was a step of chaos unfolding around him. Everywhere he went death followed. That's mainly how he got the nickname The Grim Reaper. But he preferred to be known as Death. More simple and more him.