Chapter 6.

Alex's POV:

Remember when I boldly made a rush decision to stay at Death's place after a night at my house? Well, the regret was starting to settle in. "Where are we going?" I asked, knowing the answer already.

"You'll see."

I have never actually been to his house before but after knowing him for this long, I had imagined how it would be in my head. Probably in the woods somewhere with dark clouds hovering around it like a gas of intoxicated air. His house would be a mansion and would be filled with horrifying stuff like ghosts.

"You're trying to picture my home in your head aren't you?" He smirks into the rear view mirror and I look away with a proud look. "No, I wasn't."

"Sure you weren't." He says sarcastically and I frown, forgetting he could read my emotion. Which was in fact creepy and weird.

"Always making that mistake." I mutter.

I hate it when he does that. There is exactly no privacy in my life now. I didn't actually think it through. Death in my house was already torture now I at his was going to be a disaster. And he knew that.

Sighing I look out the tint window. There were three roads at the intersection. The left one which joined with the main road, the middle which seemed to have no clear end with sign post and then the one at the right that led to a dark forest. I shut my eyes and hoped it was the other two and not the scary path that led to God knows where with trees so tall it gave me chills. Wasn't sure whether it was because of how late it had gotten or it was just the trees that gave up a scary presence.

I open my eyes slightly to find the car passing the exact path I prayed against.

I look up blankly. Didn't know you had favourites.

In less than an hour, we reached a vast house in the middle of nowhere.  It was gorgeous and big.

It was beautiful.

I felt a little embarrassed by my insinuations. The thick dark forest turned out to be hiding a beautiful and vast house, which looked like it belonged to billionaires and definitely wasn't clouded by dark gases.

He drove further up a hill and went through short paths till we got to the front of the house.

"Whoa!" I praised as he drove into the driveway, stopping in front of his garage. "This is where you live? For a person who can't sleep or feel any emotion whatsoever, you have amazing taste." I get out then walk into the unbelievably elegant house with gorgeous exteriors.

Tailing behind him, I lifted my head mesmerized and trying to take in the view. The setting of the house was calming. The trees hovered beautifully around the brick fences.

I heard the door squeak and I turned my focus to his back as he opened the door, allowing my entry. That's when I realized something odd.

The exteriors of the building may have been breathtaking but the interiors was surprisingly odd. His house was close to empty. Not even a couch or flower vase at sight. It was empty. Just ceiling lights and fans and lamps, standing by the walls. The paint was creamy white and the floors were turquoise blue with a pretty pattern. There was a huge frame on the wall covered with a black cloth at the corner of the room.

"Well the inside explains a lot." I murmured, keeping my gaze away from his. "What? That I'm empty inside." Exactly.

He rolled his eyes leaving me in the almost empty house. I could even hear my footprints loudly as I walked around. I was intrigued by the designer lamp by the window. It was shaped in a very confusing form that drew my attention. It was pretty yet bewildering. All his lamps were. My eyes later on met the sights of the mysterious frame that covered half of the wall. Why was it covered? Why did he keep the house so empty but left a covered frame in his living room? And why am I asking myself these questions knowing darn well I am in the abode of a confusing man? Or in this situation, confusing being?