Chapter 42: Kissing in the rain

Zoe's POV

I imagined someone yelling: "Wake up Zoe!" Followed by a bucket of ice-cold water over my head or at least hearing the sound of my alarm clock. But this wasn't a dream, this was real, and it was happening.

I pulled away from Alex breathing heavily.

"I should probably sue you for sexual harassment," I whispered trying to catch my breath.

"In that case, I should probably do it again," He answered.

He leaned in and claimed my lips with his. This time the kiss was more intense and demanding than the last. Every bit of this was real, the taste of his soft lips and the hint of a fruity conditioner from his hair. It was all too real to have been a dream.

"Come on," He whispered pulling away, taking me by surprise.

He raised to his feet, holding out his hand to help me up.

I happily obliged, following him as he held my hand.

We ended up at the lake.

We sat on the edge of the dock, putting our feet in the water

I took a moment to take in my environment.

Everything felt so magical but then there was the reality of it, I didn't know what to talk about with Alex, most of our conversations ended up in an argument. I'd ask him what his favourite movie was but then again, he didn't watch those, he preferred 'living his life rather than watching others live theirs' and he also wasn't very big on reading. Those were the two topics I could passionately talk about all day.

"Let's play a game," I suggested. "I'll ask you ten questions to get to know you better since there clearly is so much that I need to know about you."

"Why do you want to talk about me. I'd rather I talk about you all day," He answered.

I turned my face away from him while blushing.

"I'm serious," I said. "I need to know of any food allergies you might have. In case you do something wrong I need to know of the fastest you kill and make it look like an accident." I joked.

"You could break my heart," He answered with a serious expression.

Was he joking? I couldn't tell right now. I looked at him trying to maintain a serious expression.

"Fine, I'll play your game." He agreed.

"How did you and Justin first meet?" I asked.

Alex smiled to himself for a moment as if recalling a wonderful memory, which made me more curious.

"In detention," He answered briefly. "We went to the same boarding school."

Something told me there was more to that story, he just wasn't willing to share it yet.