Chapter 6: Surrogate

Alexander's POV

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? I was only joking when I suggested it," Justin said.

"Yes," I said. "Now bring the first girl in." I snapped.

It had been a week since Justin suggested the idea. I had fully convinced myself that this was the only way and, it was. It was the only way everyone would get what they wanted.

I still couldn't wrap my head around marriage or marry someone just because I wanted to have a baby.
I wouldn't be able to be faithful.

Marriage was too big of a commitment for me.

We were at Justin's house. We agreed to do the interviews here. I didn't want girls showing up at my pent house.

JoJo had decided to come along. Her excuse was since she would never get a chance to plan my wedding, the least she could do was help me find a baby mama.

"I've made a lot of stupid decisions but this, is the worst." He continued.

"You think," I muttered under my breath.

He didn't reply.

"Why are you trying to talk me out of this?" I asked.

"I feel like it's my responsibility, since I was the one who gave you the idea." He answered.

I rolled my eyes at him turning away.

"That was the first senseful thing you've ever said Justin," JoJo commented as she walked in.

She had a tray of cookies in her hands.

"You should listen to her, she is like a hundred years old." Justin joked.

Jojo placed the tray in front of us on the coffee table.

"I don't want you to go through with this Alex," Justin whined.

"And why?" I questioned.

"Because I know you, you might act tough and all that, but you have a heart. As soon as you have the baby, you won't have time for anything else or me," he whined.

I can't believe he was making this about him.

"I won't. Everything will still be the same. I've already arranged a day care center and a private boarding school. I'll hardly see the child. They'll raise the child better than I ever can." I said.

I had already thought everything through.

"I know you, you'd never be able to leave your child. I know your parents death hurt you, you'd never leave and do the same thing to your child. For your child to be alone and go through the same thing you did, or worse." He said.

He knew my parents were a tough subject for me but he still said it anyways.

A part of what he said was true, maybe I wasn't capable of leaving my child.

I can't believe I was over thinking this.

"I have everything under control," I said dismissive.

I took a cookie from the tray.

"Your parents wouldn't have wanted you to go through with this, they would have wanted you to settle down and have a family." JoJo said.

"They are dead now. It's not like they have a say in the matter." I said nonchalant.

I placed the cookie in my mouth chewing it to bits.

"Send the first girl in," I said with a mouthful.