《 Meeting Joyce 》

•Y/n POV•

It was about an hour later and we had just finished the project. Then we heard the front door open. "Will, honey I'm home!" A women's voice said. "Be there in a minute Mom!" Will replied. Then he looked at me and said, "Ok so you've met my older brother, ready to meet my Mom?" I nodded slowly and smiled.
I followed him out of his room, holding the project we had made. We walked into his kitchen and a woman was standing there, taking food ingredients out of a paper bag.

"Hey Mom...meet..." Will started saying. The woman turned around and her eyes widened a little and her jaw dropped a little. "I'm Y/n..." I said shyly, holding up the project to block my face. Will took the project and handed it to his mom. "Mom she was lost and she doesn't have a family. Plus, she's a nice person! She helped make this bag project too!" Will added. The woman put down the things she was holding and  came over to hug me.

"Hi Y/n! I'm Joyce, Will's mom. We'll have to get you enrolled in school but I think we'll be able to have you here. Have you met Jonathan yet? He's Will's older brother." Joyce said hugging me. "Yeah I met him. And I also met Will's friends." I explained as she finally let me go. "Well that's good! I'll get dinner made and call the school. How about you and Will go find a mattress for you to sleep on!" Joyce suggested. I smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a plan! I'm sure we can find something somewhere." I replied.

After finding a mattress, Will and I dragged the mattress to his room and sat it beside his bed. "So what now?" I asked, laying down the mattress. "Tomorrow morning will be when we go to school. Then we can figure out where you're going from there." Will responded. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

|Timeskip|

"Jonathan, Will, Y/n! Dinner's ready!" I heard Joyce yell. I stood up and stretched. "Let's go eat!" I said to Will, tapping his head. We walked into the dining room to see a meat of some kind, and tiny bushes with a weird yellow sauce thing. "What is this stuff?" I asked. Joyce smiled and said, "You're looking at pork, broccoli, and apple sauce sweetie!" I looked at her in awe and she chuckled.

"Did they seriously not feed you real food at that lab?" She said while smiling. "No, they didn't." I said. I can't even remember what they fed us. It was a mush of some kind. She suddenly stopped smiling. "Oh you poor thing...We'll good thing you're here now,"  I nodded and she continued, "Also I called the school. You're officially a Hawkins Hgh Student! Ans luckily, I was able to pull a few strings, and managed to get you and Will in all the same classes!" I grinned and nodded once again. Jonathanjust nodded almost to what anyone said the whole dinner.

After dinner was over, I went to the bathroom and showered. I was so excited for my first day of school tomorrow! As I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and went into Will's room. Luckily he wasn't in there. So I walked over to the drawers and opened mine, taking out a t-shirt Will let me keep snd took out some shorts Max bought for me. They were kinda short but they were comfy so I decided to wear them. After putting everything on, I crawled onto my mattress and layed there. Later Will came in. grabbed his clothes, went to the bathroom, and came back in sweatpants and a sweat shirt. Although, once he climbed in bed he took his sweatshirt off, exposing his bare chest. Instead of looking away though, all I could do was stare. Once he caught me staring though, I faced the other side of the room and went to sleep.

"Papa! Papa!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I had failed again so they were taking me to the dark room again. But once they had thrown me in there, I decided enough was enough. I made a small portal to another dimension and jumped through it.

There was a blue color everywhere and there were these little flakes floating around. But then I heard a distant roar. So I created a portal back to my dimension and this time, I landed in some random woods. Except when I got there, the monster got me. It's flower face opened up and stabbed me in my side and went down to eat my face. I screamed at the top of my lungs and started crying. So this was how I was going to die...

I woke up to Will shaking me saying, "Hey, hey, are you okay? You were screaming and crying in your sleep." I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. It was just a nightmare. But it was a memory, except for the last part. "C-can I sleep with you?" I said, sniffling while wiping my tears away. Will nodded and helped me get up on his bed. As soon as I was in his bed, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I've never felt more safe.

As we laid there, both of us listening to each other breathing, Will whispered, "So, if you're comfortable telling me, and only if you're comfortable telling me, what was your nightmare about?" I thought about it before speaking. "It was about the monster in my dream. It stabbed me in my sides and went to eat my face with its flower face." He hummed understandingly and I smiled, glad that he understood and I wouldn't have to tell him more of the dream/nightmare/memory. But eventually, I felt my eyelids getting droopy and I soon drifted off to sleep again.

|The Next Morning|

I woke up to a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. As much as I loved cuddling with Will, I couldn't help myself. I jumped out of his arms and ran to the kitchen. I saw Joyce put these weird circle things on a couple of plates and set them on the table. "What are those??" I asked frantically. "These are waffles. Eggos to be specific. I remembered that Eleven loved them when she first came so I thought I would get you some. Come on sit, I also want to get to know you more!" Joyce replied, smiling brightly. I smiled and sat down.

After a few minutes, I was already eating the Eggos like a pig. When I noticed that she still hadn't said anything, I looked up. "Oh umm...sorry Joyce. Anyways you said you wanted to get to know me more but, there's not much. I've just been learning to develop powers in a lab my whole life. But when I learn what things I like, I'll tell you." Joyce chuckled and patted my hand. "That's fine dear, don't worry about it. Just keep working hard and maybe you'll discover something you love!" I smiled and nodded happily.
Will walked in, changed out of his pajamas and his hair wasn't messy anymore. "Morning guys. Is breakfast ready yet?" He asked. Joyce nodded yes and handed him a plate. "Honey, why don't you get ready while the boys eat. Jonathan!" She yelled and Jonathan walked into the kitchen. "Ok ok I'm up." I just smiled and went back to Will's room to get ready.

|Timeskip|

After getting on my shoes, Will offered me a ride on his bike and I accepted it. I was nervous for my first day of school. Would anyone notice my shaved head?

"Hey Will, do you think anyone will make fun of me for my hair?" I asked. "No, but we can get you a wig if that would make you mode comfortable. There's some at Mike's house so can you get my walkie for me?" Will replied. I nodded and handed him his walkie and he made the top part longer and said, "Mike, do you think Y/n could borrow a wig?" Will asked into the walkie. Mike responded and said into the walkie, "Yeah sure just bring her over real quick." Then, Will started biking towards the Wheeler's house.
When he parked the bike, I followed him inside. "Hi guys!" Will yelled and everyone else came running down the stairs. "Hey guys! Also Y/n I have the perfect wig for you!" Eleven said with Mike following behind her. She pulled out a wig that was y/h/c and it's length was shoulder length.

It looked amazing! Now the only thing left was going to actual school itself...

Sorry if that's not you're hair style you can pretend it's your hair style still if you want though.

ALSO REMEMBER:They're like 15 in this story and all. Sorry if it wasn't as good as you thought it would be or as long as you thought it would be. But if you don't mind I would love feedback! Like honest feedback. Also thanks for the reads and views you guys are awesome ❤️💞