hot chocolate | vincent & lovely |

Lovely gently picked up their cup from the table beside them, bringing it to their lips and blowing the warm chocolate in an attempt to cool it down. They smile as they take a sip, moving closer to the fireplace.

Thick layers of snow coated all the land that the window allowed them to see, all whilst their surroundings became cosier as Vincent strolls into the room, with a massive grin on his face.

"Enjoying the view, Lovely?"

Lovely chuckles, turning to face their adorably happy vampire. "It's beautiful, cold but beautiful all the same."

Vincent soon joins them by the fire, content as they rest their head on his shoulder. Lovely intertwines their hands with him, leaning closer when he presses a light kiss to their forehead.

Lovely clutches the mug tightly in their hands, likely trying to absorb the warmth from it. Their home isn't cold - Vincent had wonderful heating but there's something a little more intimate about sitting close to the fire, embracing its heat while outside remained chilly.

Vincent watches them having another taste of their warm drink, eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed as if deep in thought.

"What's on your mind, little one?" He inquired, scooting nearer to the fire.

"I always forget how cold Dahlia gets during the winter."

Vincent thinks for a moment. "I know how we could get a little warmer if the fire isn't helping."

Lovely raises an eyebrow as Vincent vamp speeds down the hallway and upstairs, quickly coming back down with a light blue blanket.

"Do you get cold?" They ask, moving to the sofa as Vincent wraps the blanket around them both.

"No, not really. It more so depends on where I am. I'm used to Dahlia's weather, you'll get used to it soon."

They rest their head on his lap, tugging the blanket toward their middle. Steady, small breaths part their lips as Vincent runs his hand through their hair.

"You're so cute like this." Vincent hums, reaching for his hearty cup of hot chocolate - humming in approval as the chocolatey liquid warmed his throat.

Lovely snorts, slightly louder than intended but Vincent looks at them with an amused expression on his face. they shake their head, laughing and Vincent quickly follows suit.

Soon after, the pair decide to venture into the snowy surroundings outside, with Vincent making sure Lovely wears the cosiest coat possible, much to their enjoyment. Hand in hand, the sun has long since set as they walk down the busy high street of Dahlia, weaving through crowds of rowdy and excited people.

They soon arrive at Vincent's house, not too far from the ones Lovely usually resides at. It's larger and somehow brighter - though that could be explained by the piles of snow around it.

"Hey, Vincent?" Lovely calls, picking up a small pile of snow in their hands. As he turns to face them, they throw said snow at his chest, earning a mischievous grin from their vampire.

"You have no idea what you've just started, Lovely."

"Then show me."

And thus began the most epic snowball fight either of them has ever had.

Perhaps winter isn't so bad - after all.