just for you | huxley & freelancer |

The scent of fresh bread, waffles and eggs filled the kitchen, along with the sounds of bacon strips sizzling in the frying pan as Huxley used the spatula to turn them around. The eggs are scrambled, with pinches of salt, along with crushed pepper seasoning, just the way the freelancer likes them.

After a long week of exams and long study sessions, the earth elemental figured they should relax for a while, while he took care of them. He hates seeing them so exhausted and worn out at the end of the day.

Huxley narrows his eyes, focusing as he places the scrambled eggs onto one side of the plate, making space for all the other foods he had cooked. The bacon soon follows, sitting comfortably at the edge of their plate, followed by carefully sliced fresh bread. Huxley settles the plate onto a tray, right beside a napkin, cutlery and cup of apple juice.

Huxley searches the cupboards, humming when he finds a jar of marmalade to spread on his slice of toast.

Not long after, once having cleaned the kitchen and put everything back in its place, Huxley holds both sides of the tray as he makes his way upstairs, careful not to spill any of the food or drink on the floor. Huxley's gaze flickers from the tray to the ground, avoiding anything in his path that could make him stumble or trip.

He approaches the bedroom door, the sound of the mumbling and pulling the sheets makes him softly chuckle as he reaches out to open the door, quietly closing it behind him by leaning his back against it.

Huxley sets the tray onto a small cabinet near the tv, flicking the light on as the room is dark, earning a grumble from his tired partner.

The earth elemental makes his way toward the bed, sitting on the edge as they stirred and slowly open their eyes, blinking a couple of times to adjust to the light. "Hux." They rasp, grinning from ear to ear as his hand finds theirs, engulfing it entirely. The freelancer grunts as they sit up, leaning against the headboard as they rub their eyes. "Morning, you."

Huxley claps both their hands, gently pulling them closer to his chest. "Morning, pretty eyes." He traces the line of their jaw and kisses their forehead, while they rest their head on his arm.

"You're sweet, thanks, Hux. I love you and that food smells amazing."

Huxley smiles, glad that they could finally have a break. "No problem and I love you too."