CHAPTER 6: The Change

I woke up in my bed with yak fur blanket pulled over me. I sat up and walked down stairs to find myself alone in the household. I walked to the door, feeling queasy. I feel so weird. My throat starts burning a little, and I think I might be coming down with something. Then, I though about the wizard guy. He set a curse on me, and is this it? Feeling sick?
I walked outside slowly and found my mother near the stables, washing Storm Fly.
"Hey, mom." I said as I staggered a little to get to her.
"Oh, honey! Get back to bed! You look terrible! Are you sick?" She told me as she felt my head. "You don't feel sick."
"I'll be fine. Where's Pearl. And where's dad?" I asked.
"Your father is finishing up his work, and Pearl is in the stables. But you, young lady, are going back to bed!" She demanded as I staggered to the entrance of our home and slipped in.
I sighed, feeling in easy. My hands, shoulders, and pretty much my whole body feels so weird. Nothing like I feel before. I glanced at my hands and saw black splotches all over it. I screamed. My mother heard me and busted through the door.
"What's wrong, honey!?" My mother exclaimed and then gasped when she saw my hand. "What's happening to you!?" She asked as she examined my hand. The outside of my eyes started to turn lime green. I felt something coming out of my shoulders and glanced that way. Wings started sprouting out as my mother and I freaked out. I crouched down on all fours as I slowly transformed into a..... Night Fury!?
My mother watched me with her mouth wide open as I spun around to examine my transformation. I growled and grunted as I spin around. I stopped and panted, freaking out. I bounded toward the open window and squeezed through to fly away. How could this happen to me!?
I darted up into the sky roaring as my dad and the other Vikings glance at my direction.
"Is that....... A Night Fury?" My dad asked a rhetorical question as the other Vikings gasped in amazement. I flew to the huge island to find the wizard and finally spotted him. I swooped down and snatched him off the ground.
"Hey!! Put me down!!" He yelled at me as I growled. I hooked his shirt on a branch with him dangling. I landed above him and transformed in human form.
"How do I become normal again!!" I yelled at him as he freaked out. "How!?" I yelled once more.
"There is no way to cure something like that. You can't change back. You have to remain like that forever. Maybe if you would stay off this island, you would still be a normal girl."
I sighed in sadness, knowing that I won't be a normal human anymore. I'm half Night Fury now and have to learn to control it. And I can't let anybody else find out that I'm half Night Fury. I brought the wizard down and flew back to Berk without being seen. It was night time anyway, so I can't be seen easily.
I slipped inside to find my dad standing in front of me, crossing his arms.
"Where have you been?" He asked with a stern tone.
"She can transform into a Night Fury!" My mother exclaimed, paranoid.
Oh no. Now he knows.
"I don't think so, honey. But I thought I saw one today." My dad responded.
"That was her!" She exclaimed.
"No. I don't believe it. I love you though. He said chuckling, glancing at her and her only, not remembering what he was going to tell me otherwise. I did hand signals, signaling her to follow me outside. She wouldn't come.
"Dad. Can you leave me and mom alone so I can talk to her personally?" I asked.
He hesitated for a little bit. "Ok. I got to feed Toothless anyway." he said, and with that, he slipped outside and shut the door.
"Mom. Please, don't freak out. It's me. I'm the same old Kara."
"How on earth did you turn into a Night Fury!?" She asked, yelling in fear.
"Can you keep a secret?" I asked.
Mom sighed and then nodded.
"I went to the island that dad said not to go. I'm not aloud to go to Itchy Armpit either, but that's besides the point. I saw a wizard there, and he cursed me because I was on his property."
"Well. Is there any other way to change you back?" Mom asked.
"No."
"Ok. I'm telling your dad about this." My mom stayed as she placed her hand on the door knob.
"No, mom! Please don't tell him! I want this to be a secret between you and me."
Mom paused.
"Please." I pleaded once more.
"Ok. I won't tell him. But promise me one thing. Don't go back to that island again."
"I promise. I really do this time." I told her as she embrace me.
Dad barged in, finding us hugging each other. He decided to invite himself, and now, we are in a group hug.
I went upstairs for bed after our group hug and started to feel weird again. I made it to my room and felt queasy some more. 'Here I go again.' I thought. 'I'll just sneak out the window and go night flying. I know that I'll be shifting right now.'
I looked at the door to make sure my parents don't come in and flew out of the window.