- 14 -

A V A L O N ' S P O V

I walked across the wide expanse of the dining room, the surrounding mountains casting dark shadows in all direction through the arched doorways that lead to the balcony outside. This house was nothing like Rhysands townhouse or house is Velaris, though still beautiful, it lacked the warmth. The rough edges of the mountains reflected in the coolness of large rooms, was balanced by soft lights that lit up paths through rooms.

I turned exited the dining room, entering a wide corridor, following the sounds of my mates shouts, bracing myself for the carnage that awaited me. I turned the corner intime to witness a silk slipper slam into the back of Rhysands head.

He turned back, facing into the room, eyes wide, hand gently rubbing the place the shoe had hit.

"I dare you." the seething words growled out as Rhys lip pulled back from his teeth. His had was quickly brought up to his face, in time to catch his second attacker, a second silk slipper. His hands lowered the shoe, the black silk turing into glittering dust. His fist uncurled, allowing the dust to fall away, disappearing as if it never existed. I heard a huff as Rhysands hand fell to his side and he turned around, marching towards me.

My eyebrows raised, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back down the hall beside him. The ever growing familiar site of Mor lounging casually in a chair, legs thrown over the arm greeted us as we entered another room, a living room.

"I take it, it went well then." Amusement lined her voice.

"By the shoes thrown at his head, I would assume that Rhys continues to excel in his ability to be a cocky bastard." I answered, pulling away from my mate to join Mor on the chairs.

"She has good aim, I'll give her that." Rhysands hand returned to the back of his head to rub where the shoe had hit him, as he dropped his body to the floor by my feet. His back pushed back against my legs as my hand slid into his hair to comfort the abused areas.

"How long are you staying?" Mor directed her question at me, breaking the silence after a few moments. Rhys had shifted his head so the back of it was leant against my knee, his face tilted upwards towards the ceilings. I continued the movement of my hand in his hair, tilting my head to the side the look at my friend.

"Hopefully a few days. I need to make sure neither of my mates kill each other." A smirk fell onto Mors lips as she shifted her gaze to the male at my feet.

"I think Feyre is far more likely to kill the mighty High Lord than he is to kill her." He huff escaped Rhys' lips as his eyes fell close, leaning his head further into my hands. I hummed before continuing.

"I want to see Feyre too. And of course I enjoy anytime spent with you my dear Morrigan, and you, my mate." Rhys eyes briefly opened to meet mine as a small smile graced his lips, before shutting again. I looked back at Mor smiling at the female who had quickly become a close friend. " I don't know when I will be needed back in the Day court, I imagine soon though. We are still trying to rebuild as well as reassure our people. We didn't experience as much damage as some, but people are still scared."

"And will you be coming back to Velaris anytime soon?"

"Hopefully." A tight smile graced my face as I leaned forward. Rhysand stood up, reaching his hand down to meet my own as I too stood. "We will see you in the morning at breakfast?" I directed my question at Mor as the hand that once held my own found its place on my hip.

"Of course."

R H Y S A N D ' S P O V.

Avalon appeared behind me as I stood in front of the mirror. Her athletic arms made their way around my torso, until her hands fell to rest in front of me. I moved to grasp a hand in my own, gently rubbing the pad of my thumb against the smooth skin of her knuckles. Her soft face pressed against my back as we stood in silence.