- 7 -

A v a l o n ' s   P O V

I wore my usual red for the party, however tonight my dress was different to my everyday attire. The dress I wore had two slits going up either leg to my hip. It was V-Neck, the neck line low and the dress was covered in sequins. I wore heals similar to the ones I usually wore, red. Everything was red. My hair was straight, making it long. It flowed neatly down my back. 

I stood in the main hall surrounded by the many other inhabitants of the Mountain. There music that was being played was similar to what was played at Summer Solstice celebrations in the Day court. People weaved around each other, dancing  and drinking. 

Tamlin was sat atop that dais next to Amarantha, his face a void of any emotion. I didn't like Tamlin. Not for the reasons Rhysand didn't like him but because he made me feel uneasy. He always appeared lazy to me, unbothered by what others experienced, only involving himself when it directly affected himself. 

The crowd of people split in half, making way for the two people who had just walked into the room. Rhysand and Feyre. 

Feyre wore a dress that left very little to the imagination. The dress was white, the V of its neck falling deeper than my own. It met briefly with a thin strip of fabric that went around her waist, with two other pieces of fabric falling down the front and back of her legs. The fabric was translucent, and the dress as a whole showed everyone in the room all of the tattoos that now covers her body.

They stood in front of the dais, I stood watching them, until someone touched my elbow.

I turned to look at the owner of the hand, my eyes meeting those of my fathers. 

"Are you alright?" He questioned as we both turned to face the dais.

"I have been better but also worst. And there are other in more dire situations."

"It will be over soon. We will go home."

My father walked away, disappearing into the crowd. When I looked back to the dais Rhys and Feyre were no longer there. As my eyes scanned the room they spotted my mates, the male offering the women a drink, insisting she have one. 

By Calderon, that male is a prick. It was going to be a long night.

I turned away from them as I was summoned to the dais by Amarantha. I stood by her side and watched as Rhysand made the intoxicated human girl dance with him.

 I knew what he was doing, so did Tamlin and Amarantha and probably anyone in the room with any brain cells. It was entertaining to watch the High Lord of the Spring Court try to suppress his anger towards the High Lord of the Night Court however I didn't like the fact the Rhys was using Feyre to do so. 

When he didn't have her dancing, she was sitting on his lap.

This repeated night after night.

Night after night I watched as Rhysand had Feyre accompany him during the evening. As he had her dance between his legs and sit across his lap in minimal clothing. 

Night after night I watched in amusement as Tamlin got more and more wound up.

The second challenge arrived and I wasn't there. Amarantha had sent me out to find a group of Autumn Court rebels who had been 'causing trouble'.

I found the rebels, half of them were dead, the other half were now locked in some cold, dark cell, similar to the one Feyre was made to stay in.

When I arrived back in my room Rhysand told me what had happened. Feyre couldn't read, she couldn't read so she almost died. Feyre almost died, almost lost the challenge. 

"I am going to go and see her." He said braking the awkward silence we had fallen into.

"And do what, offer her smart ass comments and mock her."

"Yes, probably." I looked up from were I was sat and glared at him. 

"Prick."

"Yes, that may be true, but right now she needs to hate me. If you hadn't noticed she is stubborn, like you, and probably me. All my teasing is fueling the fire. The fire she needs so that she doesn't give up."

"Just don't be to you."

"What do you mean, to me. I am a delight." I let out an unladylike snort of laughter. "Sexy."

"Your an arrogant prick. An arrogant old prick attached to bat wings."

"A pleasure, as always is your company, Avalon." Rhysand disappeared from the room, leaving me alone. 

I stood from the small wooded chair that was placed in front of the desk. As I stepped to make my way to my bed, I grabbed one of the books that was piled upon other books that littered the surface of the ancient desk. I slid under the sheets covering the old mattress and lent against the stone wall of the room that had come to be mine over the 40 years I had been under the mountain. I looked at the book I had selected, Tales and Legends of Prythain. 

This copy was similar to the one I had as a child, its cover a pattern of oak leaves and flowers. My copy had been my mothers, one of the few things I had of hers. As a child I had been fascinated by the stories of the beasts and monsters that were said to have walked our lands. The Day Court was home to the biggest library in Prythain, and contained knowledge on everything.

This copy was falling apart. Its cover was holding on by a thread, pages falling out in places. The cover was faded and water damaged. When I opened the book I noticed some of the pages had sections of small, neat handwriting on them. The ink was smudged so I couldn't form many of the words, but it was there. 

A knock at my door startled me out of my thoughts. I put the book down by the pillows on the bed, before getting out and putting on my dressing gown and walking to the door to answer it. 

Opening the door, I was greeted by Eris, one of the High Lord of the Autumn Courts sons. He was lent against the wall by my door. When he turned to look at me he smirked before saying, "Amarantha would like you to interrogate the rebels you apprehended earlier today and then go to her rooms, to service her." He sneered at me once more before pushing himself off the wall and making his way back down the hallway.

I walked back into my room, got changed into clothed suitable for my task at hand before making my way out of the room, to the cells, where the Autumn Court rebels were being kept.

This chapter isn't particularly great. However I wrote it on my phone because the power has been out all day due to 100 mph winds, so hopefully it is back on soon and the next chapter will be better but I thought I should get one out. 

To anyone in the UK, I hope you stayed/ are staying safe during the storm and that your area isn't badly effected. 

As always I am open and would very much appreciate ideas on what you would like to see, like specific interactions between characters or particular scenes you would like to see in up coming chapters. So feel  free to comment. I am also open to criticism as long as it is constructive criticism.