- 11 -

R h y s a n d ' s   P O V

I landed in the foyer of my town house in Velaris. The smell of firewood and freshly baked bread filled my nostrils. It was exactly how I remembered it. The ornate red carpet,wood paneled walls covered in art work. The sitting room on the left with its black marble fireplace, lots of comfortable, elegant, but worn furniture, and bookshelves built into every wall. On the right is a dining room with a long, cherrywood table big enough for ten people. Down the slender hallway ahead there are a few more doors, ending in one that leads to the kitchen. A straight, wide oak staircase ahead goes to the upper level where a hall punctuated with chandeliers of swirled, colored glass illuminates the few polished doors on either side. 

I heard arguing voices from the other side of the door. A male and female, arguing. The voices got louder as the door separating the foyer and the antechamber began to turn. 

A blond haired female wearing an expensive red dress stepped in first, followed shortly by two Illryian males one with blond hair and the other with dark hair not unlike my own, both dressed in similar dark trousers and shirts. 

Silence fell over the  room when they noticed me however it was shortly broken by Mor running over to me, throwing herself into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her standing, and we stood there for several minutes before she pulled away and hit my chest.

"How dare you leave us like that? You stupid, stupid arrogant Illyrian bastard."

"I'm sorry Mor but it was the only way."

"The only way for what?" Cassian said, emotion filling his voice.

"To my family safe and to keep this one piece of goodness safe."

"We understand Rhys, just don't do it again." The Shadow Singer, Azriel, spoke out.

"I am afraid I can't make any promises but it is nice to know you missed me."

"Rhys." Mor snapped. I just smirked at her in return. I walked over to hug Cassian before standing in frond of Azriel who gave me a short nod before I hugged him to.

"We will continue with business tomorrow, tonight we will have dinner as a family."

"I will get Amren." The Shadow Singer said before disappearing.

"I will go get your favorite chocolate cake from Raven's Bakery." Cassian called out, already making his way out of the door.

I walled in to the living room and dropped myself onto the blue velvet settee, pushing my shoes off of my feet. Mor dropped herself onto the chair opposite me, sitting side on, her legs draped over the armrest.

"I found my mate."

"What?"

"Well mates."

"As in plural? Multiple mate?"

"Yes." 

Mor looked at me in shocked silence, before a look of confusion and outrage over took her face.

"And why aren't they here? Don't tell me you scared them off?"

"No, I didn't scare them off. I find the fact that 'I scared them off' was your first assumption rather insulting."

"Then where are they? Who are they?" We were both facing forward and sitting up now, Mor's brown eyes staring into my own.

"The first one I met is called Avalon. She is Helions daughter." 

"I haven't met her, but I have heard of her."

"You would like her, she likes to tease me. Deflates my ego and makes sure all my 'itty bitty power' doesn't go to my head."