- 5 -

A v a l o n ' s  P O V

I woke up lying in a large bed. It was comfortable and covered in blankets. I slowly sat up, taking in the room around me. I pulled back the covers and twisted my body around, placing my feet on the ground. I stood to find myself naked as the day I was born. 

Near the window was a desk, and on the back of the chair I could see a dressing gown. I walked over to it and but it on. 

It was soft, made of silk, and it was white, almost shimmering, like starlight. I wrapped it around my body, presuming it was mine as it fit perfectly.

I knew I was dreaming. This wasn't real. It couldn't be real. 

The door behind me opened. Turning around I was met with green eyes. Feyre. But no this Feyre had pointed ears, she was Fae. 

"I had to stop the boys from coming to wake you up. I don't know how much longer I can hold them off." This version of Feyre said. She sounded the same too. I must have looked incredibly confused because she stepped fully into the room and closed the door behind her. She too was wearing  a silk dressing gown but hers was blue, dark like the night sky. 

" Avalon, sweetheart, are you alright." 

I was suddenly aware how close she was to me. She took my hand in hers and used the other to cup my face.  I looked into her eyes and smiled, leaning unconsciously into her hand.

"I'm fine, just lost in my thoughts" 

Feyre smiled and let out a small laugh. " So the usual." She then lent forward, briefly connecting our lips. Hers were soft, delicate. The were warm, I wanted them to stay, for her not to pull away. But she did. She looked down at me softly, making me notice that she was about an inch taller than me, her eyes were soft when she whispered, "Come on, breakfast, then presents."

"Presents?"

"Yes. Oh don't tell me you have forgotten your own birthday."  Feyre shock her head gently smiling widely. " Oh sweetheart, you need not work so hard, we are all safe. No one is trying to kill us or imprison us. And even if they are , they can wait for tomorrow. Because today is my beautiful mates birthday." 

I think in that moment I stopped breathing. This Feyre was my mate. Was she Rhysand's too. Or just mine? And we weren't under the Mountain. Did we get out? Of course we got out we aren't here anymore. How did we get out? 

I realized that Feyre had left the room, so quickly left to try and catch up. When I walked out I saw her standing on a landing near some stairs. Rhysand was there. They both looked over at me smiling. I couldn't help smiling back. 

"Come on Darling, as much as I would love to lie in bed with the both of you all day and don't think the rest of the family would appreciate it." Rhys stretched out his hand towards me. And I took it.

Suddenly it was dark.

Dark.

Cold

Damp.

Where ever I was  it was dark, cold and damp. It smelled like blood and rotting corpses. 

Then light. A small, insignificant light appeared. But it allowed me to see where I was. 

In a small stone room, with no doors or windows as far as I could see. No enchantments or wards had been put on the room or if there had she couldn't feel them. On the wall, two bodies were hung up.