(14)

Last chapter of amazing books to check out! Enjoy!

•yangmx_•

Gone

"Holding onto something that's gone only makes a sickness inside."
---------

•Pennywithaney•

Glass Slippers: A Cinderella Retelling

All Clara has ever wanted for her siblings is for them to be happy, but with the influence of her stepmother, she knows this may never happen. However, when something terrible happens to one of her siblings, Clara is forced to face the facts. She has to marry for money, and she has to do it soon.

Luckily, news of the Prince's Birthday Celebration soon comes to town, and Clara, with the help of her siblings and a little magic, decides to go. There is only one problem. She only gets to dance with one person, and she doesn't even know who he is, or if he would even help her.

Will Clara save the life of one of the people she loves? Will she have to marry for convenience? Will she be forced into a loveless marriage? Find out in Glass Slippers, a new take on the classic tale of Cinderella!
---------
•aprilkirk•

The Snow Maiden

High in the mountains is a shrine, visited by couples every year. On the way up, Yuki Onna lies in wait. The pale snow maiden hopes for the opportune moment, for the right passersby, for the best conditions to strike. And one freezing cold winter, she finds it.

A chilling short story on the dangers of winter - and Yuki Onna.

---------
•TheSpiritOfStAqua•

Flickering Flames

Ember was just having a normal day in the school counselor's office- But her day is soon altered by not only her counselor quitting her job, but by two men appearing out of air coming to take her away.

Ember is taken to the Linlea Peaks, where all Elementals- Gnomes, Sylphs, Undines, and Salamanders- are taken when they turn sixteen. Elementals are the beings of earth, air, water, and fire.

When Ember reaches the Linlea Peaks, terror has already begun to reign down upon the Elementals. Any Elemental not in residing in the Linea Peaks have disappeared. The Quintessence, a "fifth" elemental, are waging war against the Elementals for the first time ever. Because of her persistence to help, Ember is sent along with seven other young Elementals to find the lair of the Quintessence, hidden somewhere in New York City.

Without any adult Elementals around to conquer the Quintessence, it's up to the eight Elementals to save their kind from utter destruction. But is the task too daunting?

---------
•TheSpiritOfStAqua•

Saving Our Own Skins

Mona Crimson really believed she was going on a simple field trip to a nature preserve.

But when she gets there, it turns out that she and the other students must compete in ten challenges until a lone victor is left alive.

Everyone is doing whatever it takes to ensure their life continues, most of them working alone and trying to kill anyone else they can, expect Mona; she and her best friend Cerise work together because they can't bare to loose each other.

Nobody knows the reason they're doing the challenges. They only know that losing means dying.
---------

•Martianfairy•

An Ombré Apocalypse

Riley just fell asleep in Calculus, and when she woke up, everyone was dead.

They weren't killed off by zombies or even a nuke; like Riley, they fell asleep, except they never got around to the 'waking up' part.

She wasn't asking for the apocalypse to happen in her sleep, and she definitely wasn't asking to have some flawed gene that made her a prime target for a crazy extremist organization. All she wanted was the impossible: for things to go back to the way they were.

But soon, she finds herself on a daunting trek across the country with a bunch of people she barely knows, and her life gets even more complicated.

Surviving. That should be Riley's top priority--her only priority. The problem is, sometimes she wonders if survival is really worth the cost, and she begins to realize that surviving and living are two very different things.

-------
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me and these people! :)