The Bee's Knees

Due to the soreness of your muscles and minor injuries, you spent the next few days off. Sir Topham Hatt allowed it and assigned your job to someone else. Thomas eventually found out about the situation and was quick to return to see you after he got off. You reassured him and were sorry for the mess you got into. However, he was the one to apologize to you, since as he put it, he wasn't there when you needed him the most. You were able to walk around and stuff, just couldn't call into work. You'd often walk into Edward in the lounge area, asking you how you were holding up. After about a day or two, the soreness started to wear off, but it was still advised you not go back to work just yet.
You had returned to your room after getting an afternoon snack when Edward stopped by.
"Hello again, Y/n", he said kindly, standing in your doorway since you had it open anyway.
"Hey, Edward", you said. "How's today been?"
He smiled tiredly.
"It's been something else...."
You raised an eyebrow.
"What happened today?"
Edward explained to you how James had gotten stung by a bee that he accidently aggravated. He said that due to that, he'd be back soon.
You understood with a smile. 
"I'll see to it", you said.
After you finished your snack, you headed down to James' room.
"James, it's me, Y/n", you said knocking the door.
You heard a stuffy sounding voice call you in. You opened the door. You didn't see him at first.
"James...."
"In the bathroom", his voice muffled, due to the said room door being closed.
"Should I come back later?"
"No. I'll... I'll be out in a minute."
You absently nodded and stood near his desk. After a few more seconds, James appeared out the bathroom. You turned to him.
"James, are you o....k?"
His nose looked like a tomato. It was round before, but not like it was now.
"So that's where he got stung", you thought to yourself.
James didn't look the least bit happy. He held a bag of ice on his nose as he made is way over to his bed to sit. He glanced up to you.
"I'm not ok in the slightest", he said.
You nodded. "I can tell."
You neared by his bed.
"What can I do to make you feel better?", you asked kindly.
James' expression changed. He seemed more... gentle now.
"Well, maybe if you don't mind... could you maybe just.... keep me company?"
James was blushing all over, his whole face looked red.
You were blushing yourself.
"Sur-sure", you said sweetly.
You went ahead and sat down beside him as he scooted over to make room for you.
"Thanks Y/n. I really appreciate it", James said.
You smiled shyly.
"It's nothing really. After all, splendid people do look out for each other."
James beamed a sweet smile.

Rain had rolled in, causing everything to go gloomy and wet. Rainy days were some of your favorite as they made you feel cozy. You watched the rain fall down as James sat near you.
"Um Y/n, wanna watch something?", he asked lowly.
You turned to him.
"Sure."
James turned on the television in his room that was across from his bed on a brown tv stand. Playing was a black and white movie. It had something to do with a murder and a detective finding out who did it. There wasn't much to it, but it was entertaining for a rainy-day flick.
You noticed James' ice pack was nearly just water. 
"James, your ice bag. Here, I can go get you some more ice", you kindly said, wanting to break the silence.
James blushed slightly.
"Only if you don't mind."
You shook your head.
"Not at all."
You gently took his bag, seeing his nose up close. You found your face warming up again. James took notice.
"What is it?", he said teasingly.
You smiled shyly.
"Nothing. It's just, your nose. I never realized how round it was until now", you joked.
James smiled.
"Harhar..." he said.
You made your way to the kitchen to grab some more ice since there was a commercial break in between the movie. In the back of your mind you couldn't help but think: First Thomas, then Gordon and Henry and now James.
Could it really be possible that all of them had a thing for you?
Or maybe........... the other way around......
"Surely not", you thought to yourself.
But you couldn't shake it off. With fresh ice on hand, you headed back up to James' room feeling your heartbeat increasing with every step it seemed.