The First Night

After the meeting, you and the others headed back to the boarding house where you all had dinner. Edward and Percy sat next to each other while Thomas sat beside you. They had started to ask you questions as you all ate beef stew and buttered bread.
"So, you were just asked to come here?", Percy asked.
You nodded. "Yep, that's pretty much what happened."
They were impressed.
"So, you must know Sir Topham Hatt very well then, correct?", Edward asked.
"Well, not really. I only now him through my father. He used to work here as a driver years ago when I was a kid.
They all nodded.
"I see", Edward said.
"That's pretty cool!", peeped Percy.
You chuckled at his excitement. "I'm glad you think that."
"I guess you get all the special treatments then, right?", Thomas teased.
You smiled. "Well, maybe."
Everyone laughed.
"He does seem relatively nice", you continued.
"He is", Edward said. "I've been working here for decades and he's still in a good mood. Well, for the most part."
You smiled, feeling reassured.
"That's good to know", you said.

You returned to your room after dinner and got changed into your pajamas, which were a coral pink two piece. You hung your suit back into your closet and let your hat hang off on top corner of the mirror. The others had gone ahead and retreated to their respected rooms as it was already almost nine O'clock at night. You were genuinely exhausted from the day's adventures since you had been up since seven that morning. You sat down in the chair in front of your desk and looked in the mirror. You looked happy. You couldn't stop smiling. It felt like a dream, but you knew it was real. And that made it better. A knock came. You looked through the peephole and were surprised to see Thomas. You opened the door with a shy smile. "H-hi again Thomas", you said.
"Hey. I just came by to made sure you were settling in ok."
You smiled. "I am. Tha-thank you for asking", you finished, looking away shyly.
Thomas smiled. "No problem! I'm sure being in a new environment is hard. I know it was from when I first came!"
You chuckled. "Yeah, I bet. I'm kind of a homebody myself but I think I'll be ok."
Thomas nodded. "I see. Well ha-have a good night!", he said.
You smiled. "You too."
Thomas left as you shut the door.
The soft carpet rubbed against your feet as you made your way to your bed. The lights had been turned off and you slid under the covers. The flannel cover was so soft and warm. You cuddled up on your pillow as your eyes slowly drifted down.