XIV

"The Christmas journal is going to be so good!" Kaede cheered. "It's going to be better than when Hana was here." A member snickered. You turned to him and his friend with a disgusted face as Akihiro looked at them coldly.

Kaede leaned towards you curiously. "Who's Hana?" She asked. You couldn't really answer that question so you just shrugged. "Right, Y/n?" The boy turned to you only to be greeted by a cold stare. "I don't know." You said, half-liddedly looking at them as you tilted your head.

"Enough." Akihiro warned, violently dropping his record book, making the room silent. "I want your reports submitted this afternoon." He ordered him coldly. "But-" Without uttering another word, Akihiro left.

The room of 8 erupted into mutters but you stayed silent, gathering your things for home. "Y/n." Kaede whispered. "Do you know the guy?" She asked, referring to the guy that had called you. "Hana wasn't even a good member, why does he keep defending her." You heard him scoff.

"That's enough, Yuki." You warned. "But Y/n, she was the reason you left, right?" A girl asked. Now things were getting even more heated up. But Kaede was only confused. You were a new member. Weren't you?

Yuki only glared. "Now even you're defending her?!" He yelled. "I'm not. I only said to stop." You turned to him as he wore an agitated look. "Somebody answer me!" Kaede yelled, slamming down her hands on the table, shocking everyone.

"Hana was a year older member, your cousin's old girlfriend." Yuki rolled his eyes, mocking the former member. "Cousin? You and Akihiro are cousins?" You asked dumbfounded, tilting your head to the side to form a resemblance.

"You said you didn't know who Hana was?" Kaede asked, her voice slightly portraying the tone of betrayal. "I- I never said that...?" You tried to recall. "I just didn't want to talk about her." You looked away, somehow feeling guilty.

Yuki scoffed. "Hana made them leave, why bother with her?" He stood up, gathering his things and leaving the room with his friend. "I really miss you Y/n. Now isn't the right time, and I couldn't catch up with you lately. Let's have lunch sometime." Eri said before leaving with 2 other people.

Kaede on the other hand fell silent. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." You consoled. "You were an old member. That's why everyone told me to recruit you. Not mainly because of your skills but because they miss you." She frowned. You were slightly offended, but you understood.

"When you and Akihiro graduate middle school, I'll be the new president. But I can't even lead straight because I'm a pushover." She held back her chokes. "I'm sorry for throwing a tantrum." She turned to you.

You smiled faintly before sighing. "Do you want to know who Hana is?" You asked, the young girl nodding slowly. "Well, before, the club had problems. Everyone left except for Yuki, Eri and Akihiro." You started.

"You can't have a club with less than six members." You mocked the old counselor, mimicking his deep voice in an attempt to make Kaede laugh. At least she did.

"At that time, there was a writing competition. I only won by a landslide." You chuckled timidly. "When Akihiro saw my entry, he started to bug me. Asking me to join." You smiled at the memory.

~ ~ ~

"Hey." Souya called. You turned to him with the straw of your juice box still in your mouth. "That glasses dude's following us." He whispered. "Again?" Nahoya asked angrily. "Again." Souya confirmed. You squinted to see a member of the newspaper club, indeed, following you and your cousins.

"Oi! Yukimura! I can see you!" You yelled, glaring at him. He walked towards you and your cousins nervously. "When will you stop following me?" You asked, finally finishing your juice and crushing the box. "When you finally say yes." He said, gathering his courage to stand firm.