XIII

"What took you so long this time?" Rindou asked, looking up from his phone as he saw you walking towards the school's exit. "What brings you here, oh dear Haitani-sama? Are you here to grace me with your presence?" You mocked, bowing and enacting a curtsey.

Rindou just scoffed. He didn't answer your question, but threw you another one of his'. "It's a Friday, do you have duty?" He put away his phone as he climbed on top of his motorcycle. "No. I do have to buy a gift." You remembered.

You've been so busy in the past 2 weeks, you almost forgot about your own mother's birthday. How cruel.

"A gift? For what?" He asked, handing you his helmet. It had been a habit for him to bring you to the eatery or your home itself from school for some reason. You weren't even in a relationship, but he keeps coming anyway.

"My mom and auntie's birthday." You answered, strapping the lock of the head gear in and finally hopping on his bike. "Any suggestions?" You asked in a teasing manner. "A new cell phone." He suggested. "Boy!" You yelled, lightly hitting his head making him chuckle. "I only have ¥2,000 as a budget!"

Rindou stayed silent as he drove. You always enjoyed riding on motorcycles. They were more free than riding cars. Ever since the twins learned to drive them, you'd always tag along when you could.

"Hey! You just passed my house!" You cried, slightly shaking the male. "Do you want to buy a gift or not?" He asked. Before you could confirm your answer, Rindou revved his engine, speeding up the bike.

You let out a yelp, flinging your arms around his waist and tigthening your grip as he chuckled while driving as fast as he could.

"Can you not slow down?!" You yelled. "Is that a request?!" He yelled back with a menacing grin. Eventually he did slow down, stopping in front of a mall.

If it wasn't for your confusion, you'd be bickering all the way to the shop you stopped in front of. And now, your confusion grew wilder while the male enjoyed the sight.

"Make-up?" You tilted your head as you read the sign. "You need it." He joked. "Excuse you! I am the most attractive human being to exist." You scoffed. Rindou only smiled faintly before pulling you inside.

"No offense to your mom, but she's been a bit haggard lately." He said, picking a few concealers and face powder compacts. "What do you know about this stuff?" You asked, holding the basket as he threw a couple lipstick packs. "I have to shop with my cousin. She's some kind of Make-up guru." He rolled his eyes.

"Are you her make-up subject too?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

You finally got to the register, the basket you were holding full of make-up and skin-care stuff. "How the hell is all of this ¥3,500?!" You yelled, checking the price stickers on the products. "These are branded products, what'd you expect?" He asked, handing the registrar his debit card.

"What are you doing?" You asked. "Paying? Isn't it obvious? Paying is an act of exchanging- AH-!" Before he could finish, he winced when you kicked his leg.

You finally left the store, guiltily looking at the things he bought. "Where are we going?" You asked, adjusting the paper bags in your hands. "Dress." he answered bluntly, looking around for the shop the women in his family usually shop in.

"Dress? Why?" You asked. He just shrugged, taking half of the bags from you. Your hands touching gave you a feeling of tingles through your spine. It felt like your stomach just curled up into a ball as you followed him.

You entered a fancy looking shop. Dresses shimmering and sparkling in every corner. Different styles and fashion. The cloth, soft as cotton and smooth as silk.

"Oi, Haitani, why are we here?" You tugged on his shirt. "Does your mom and aunt have evening gowns?" He asked, turning to you with one of his hands examining the texture of a dress. "I don't think so...?"

Rindou just hummed as he kept examining the clothing of every section. "What's their favorite colors?" He asked, taking out his phone. "Uh... they both like blue." You said, the male only nodding as he went to where the dresses would be found.

"Do you know their sizes?" He asked. You shook your head as he put his phone back in his pocket, an irritated look blanketing his expression. "You still haven't answered my question, why are we here?" He turned to you.

Walking closer.

Leaning closer.

Your faces inches. No. Centimeters from each other.

You held your breath as he stared probably into your soul.

"Has anyone ever told you you're cute when you're flustered?" He teased, smirking like the devil he is. "AH!" You yelled, pushing him away, almost tripping yourself in the process, making Rindou stifle his laughter.

Rindou checked his phone once again, finally heaving a sigh and a look of satisfaction. He pulled you towards a bench and gently placed the products you had bought on the ground.

"There's a french restaurant in Roppongi, if they want, they can eat there for their birthday." He suggested. "A... What?" You smiled confusedly. "You look stupid." He deadpanned.

"My parents went there once for a business meeting. It's a pretty strict dress code so you know." He shrugged. "I'm not rich so, no, I don't know." You scoffed, receiving a flick on the forehead.

The dresses he picked finally arrived. One with a bateau neckline and sleeves up to the forearm a shade of royal blue made of silk and chiffon. The other with a lighter hue, a v-neck and sleeveless made out of linen and satin.

"Haitani, these are expensive, you fuck!" You whispered as Rindou took his card out again. "Yeah? These are pretty lowkey if you ask me." He scoffed. "Each dress is ¥19,000! take those back!" You warned, still in a low volume. "If I give this back I'm wasting ¥40,000." He spat back, taking his card from the registrar.

You look dumbfounded as they packed the dresses. "When did you pay for those?" You turned to him. "When you complained about them being expensive."

"I'll have my driver pick your mom and aunt up by 8:00 in the evening." He said, taking the bags from the counter. "Thank you." He smiled at the cashier.

You scoffed as you watched her get flustered. "What? You jealous?" He teased, leaning towards you again. You only pushed him away before leaving the store. "They like me." He whispered, making her giggle in agreement.

"Last stop, shoes." He ordered, pointing towards another shop. "I just wanted to get them a gift." You cried tiredly.

"What's their shoe size?" Rindou asked, examining a black stiletto. "Auntie Yami's a 7 and a half, Mom's a 7." You yawned, stretching your body slightly, sitting on a bench near him. "You look like shit with those eye bags, did you sleep?"

You nodded sleepily, your eyes half-open as you watched him taking 2 pairs of heels.

"Come on, let's pay for this." Before you could stand up, a few men in black suits walked towards you and Rindou. "Master Rindou, the car is just outside." One informed. Rindou nodded as he handed the man the bags he was holding. "Michiya, go pay for this." He ordered, handing another man the shoes he had chosen.

"Oi, can you stand?" He bent to your level. You didn't respond properly, humming half-awake. Rindou sighed, positioning himself to carry you bridal style.

You hummed tiredly, burying your head to his chest as he carried you to his car.

If he could just linger into this moment for a little while longer, he would.

But sadly, time runs too fast for anyone to comprehend.

A/n: What's this? An update from Kazu? Haven't seen that in a while.

K. Bye.